5150 Cameron Psycho Mod.

1meanplexi

Last night I went to my local GC here in the brew city. I was talking to the manager and we got on the subject of modded amps. He then tells me he has his 5150 1st gen for sale on the floor. To me, big deal I am not a 5150 guy until he tells me it has a mod in it from some guy named Mark Cameron.....he said that it had the Psycho mod done in 1994/95. I have never heard of this paricular mod. So as it were.

We go over to the head and I plug it in and Holyshit right in front of my face is the best sounding creamy rip your face off Cameron tone. I did not see Marks signature inside. The inside is all black so I am not sure where else he would have signed it. I wanted to look at the guts (for goop) but it was 5 min till closing. Since it is the holidays and I have a 2012 quickrod inbound I regretfully cannot get this monster. It is priced at $849.00. Little low for that since it does have the Cameron mod :confused: ?????

I thought i would reach out to guys for more info on this type of mod. Again, I did not see Marks signature but he does have it listed on the actual ticket that it is Cameron modded. My gut tells me that a manger for a GC would not mis-represent a product on his floor. I have to ad that the clean was CRAZY good. Nonetheless, fire away crew and let me know what this thing is. As we say :rock: on!

The manager is probably misinformed, there was a mod done by psychodave with marks help on spec to 5150 amps. There was a cool thread here with details on how to do it but it may have been deleted. Probably why manager is saying its a Cameron psycho mod.

Back