70's Ampeg V2 4x12....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
Anyone ever use one? Has a quad of old eminence speakers I assume. Worth a shit or not? Ported and pretty large...

edit-has the cts speakers....lol..Chicago telephone supply I think....

Last edited:
It's like two 2x12's were put together...lol. The top and bottom speakers are separated by a baffle board....it hurts me just looking at it.

My son in law has some of those that belonged to Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age and also Them Crooked Vultures) and before that they were owned by Ron Wood when he was in Faces with Rod Stewart. I'll ask him what he paid for them and post the information here.

My son in law has some of those that belonged to Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age and also Them Crooked Vultures) and before that they were owned by Ron Wood when he was in Faces with Rod Stewart. I'll ask him what he paid for them and post the information here.
ask him if he liked them. at least compared to a standard 4x12. I'll be using it in a w/d/w set up....thanks bro!

I had one; sounded really good but that was after I loaded it with Celestions. The CTS are very Hi Fi and bright; different sound but maybe you'll dig it. The cab is a beast to move but is well made. Some of those cabs came loaded with Altecs...THAT would be an epic find.

That might be a good thing because I swear it seems like everything I have sounds dark. My root tele, my Marshall m4 cab, this eggie vengeance…it’s probably just me..lol

I had an Ampeg 4x12 and it seemed like it only sounded good with the V4 head that I had at the time. Didn't seem to jibe with Marshalls or any other amp I had.

$200 with speakers…$100 without…
I paid $400 7 years ago for a V4 cab. Fixed the mounting bolts, the stock speakers were pretty dull, but passed tests. Put four M75's in there, it was better, but it wasn't a keeper. Took the M75's out, put the Eminence/CTS/whatever back in and sold it for what I paid for it, even though it need new T-nuts, mounting bolts, wiring and a new jack/plate. People swear by them, I just swore at them.
YMMV

Back