AIC - Them Bones - Axe FX

Nice. I wish your guitars were pulled forward more. Did you double track over a 'guitars removed' backing track or is there some original guitars in there? Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Love me some AIC :m17:

Nice. I wish your guitars were pulled forward more. Did you double track over a 'guitars removed' backing track or is there some original guitars in there? Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Love me some AIC :m17:
I used Lalai (online service) to remove the guitars from the original track. They do a pretty good job on most songs and they did really well on this track going after the guitars. On my version, I used a Friedman model with a GB cab on the left track and the same Friedman model with a V30 cab on the right track. I also ran a Dual Recto model with a V30 up the middle down 6dB from the two outer tracks.

I agree - the guitars could be brought up a slight bit on the YT version. Sometimes YT processes the audio and can have some negative effects on the audio we send to them. On my studio mix (before uploading to YT) the guitars were more present and a bit louder.

Thanks for watching and the comments.

I used a Friedman model with a GB cab on the left track and the same Friedman model with a V30 cab on the right track. I also ran a Dual Recto model with a V30 up the middle down 6dB from the two outer tracks.
That's the best way to get that AiC guitar tone.. double-tracked with two tracks panned hard left/right, and two from a different amp panned 56% L/R, and a track in the center pulled down in the mix.

(y)

That's the best way to get that AiC guitar tone.. double-tracked with two tracks panned hard left/right, and two from a different amp panned 56% L/R, and a track in the center pulled down in the mix.

(y)
Cool - I may go back and add the two 56% panned tracks in the session. Curious to hear it. I know that Jerry C used a tons of amps recording that record.

(y)
So I went back and added two more tracks panning each one 56% left and right respectively. Big difference. Huge guitars now and much more present in the mix. Thanks for the feedback on the tune and the tips. Much appreciated.

So I went back and added two more tracks panning each one 56% left and right respectively. Big difference. Huge guitars now and much more present in the mix. Thanks for the feedback on the tune and the tips. Much appreciated.

No credit to me on that one.. I got that from watching a YouTube interview with Dave Jerden on how he recorded the AiC records.

I seen Drop D (just on the E string ) to full on dropping to C then whole step drop on the E.
Which was did you go with the tuning?

Back