Alternative Headstock Designs

Ed Yoon

For those who want more mass on the headstock and something that's a little closer to the vintage kind of thing, we offer a couple of options. Here's an example.

web.jpg

It's what we call the Hybrid headstock. We did a larger headstock for Mike Landau and this is sort of a "hybrid" of that one and our normal headstock.

Here's another one:

web.jpg

Here's the Landau headstock which actually has a rounder end.

web.jpg

And another Hybrid:

web.jpg

And one more with a special "model" name request:

web.jpg

I like the idea of more mass in the headstock, it just makes sense in the regards of holding and transferring energy to the body.

Sperzel tuners also have more mass than the Gotoh Kluson type. Scott Henderson prefers the Sperzels over the Klusons for that reason. He says there's more low-end with the Sperzels.

the blue-white two tone is a thing of beauty. a fucking masterpiece actually. total elegance and class. truly original :thumbsup: :rock: :rock:

the rest of those unpainted headstocks look like $140 Ibanez blazers in a pawn shop. :thumbsdown:

guitarslinger":ylktieln said:
the blue-white two tone is a thing of beauty. a fucking masterpiece actually. total elegance and class. truly original :thumbsup: :rock: :rock:

the rest of those unpainted headstocks look like $140 Ibanez blazers in a pawn shop. :thumbsdown:

I agree totally man. The blue / white one I LOVE! The rest I really think look bad compared to your normal headstock.

Eric

aeroic":d7ornbvs said:
guitarslinger":d7ornbvs said:

I agree totally man. The blue / white one I LOVE! The rest I really think look bad compared to your normal headstock.

Eric

+1. I quite like the normal Suhr headstock, especially reversed! :thumbsup:

I don't like the Landau but I do like the unpainted hybrid. Then again, I never had a problem with the original...

ratter":3hg26hgj said:
I don't like the Landau but I do like the unpainted hybrid. Then again, I never had a problem with the original...

+1 I feel the same way. Landau is too ... umm ... bobo? But I dig the others and the original.

Back