an early S1 slightly modded...

mibu

...after some slight changes. my Suhr S1 is number 0075 (one of the early models). it sounds and vibrates very good, but I wanted to make some changes. so, first I replaced the wilkinson vibrato with the new gotoh 510 TS (with steel block - scott henderson strongly adviced me to get this one). then I got from Suhr the pearly plate for 3 SC's and got a set of FL's classic to mount there. after this, I pondered if I want the RC filter over the volume pot (to retain highs when reducing the volume) and decided I want it both ways - with and without. so I mounted a very small switch to be able to select the filter on or off.
besides it looks and plays gorgeous, the guitar sounds very, very good. I use it for various musical styles without any issue. the FL's sound really good, fat and present.

_MG_4469.jpg

_MG_4468.jpg

why I decided to get rid of the humbucker? well, because I now use two guitars for live playing - the Suhr S1 and my 80's gibson SG (in which I changed the original lead pickup with the Suhr DSH from my S1 Suhr - it sounds awsome in my gibson!!!!)...

Back