any new info on the old bitch?

I'd wager it will be after the Atomica's and CCV's. Also, George says he has other amps to build starting sort of soon, so take that info into account.

SLOgriff":3jseb6u5 said:
What is unique about the "Old Bitch" that is not already covered with the CCV or Atomica?
Its a completely different circuit - 4 gain stages instead of 3 and a cathode follower like the two CCV channels and the Atomica. No solid state clipping circuits in the Old Bitch either - all tube gain... Very different preamp sections...

Steve

sah5150":3uesxrk0 said:
SLOgriff":3uesxrk0 said:
What is unique about the "Old Bitch" that is not already covered with the CCV or Atomica?
Its a completely different circuit - 4 gain stages instead of 3 and a cathode follower like the two CCV channels and the Atomica. No solid state clipping circuits in the Old Bitch either - all tube gain... Very different preamp sections...

Steve

But another "one channel" monster, correct? Will it have gain/bright switches like the Atomica has? I'm running my Atomica (no diode clipping in back) with Bright all the way left and gain at 10 o'clock. Sounds great!

SLOgriff":lr19p3hj said:
sah5150":lr19p3hj said:
SLOgriff":lr19p3hj said:

Steve

But another "one channel" monster, correct? Will it have gain/bright switches like the Atomica has? I'm running my Atomica (no diode clipping in back) with Bright all the way left and gain at 10 o'clock. Sounds great!

I don't know how George is setting it up, but the Old Bitch, aka Aldrich Mod, like Steve says, is all tube gain, no clipping circuits and is going to be more conventional hot-rodded JMP Marshall type in gain, tone, and response. However, the added gain stage will give it a little more. The original Aldrich amps from Mark had a 5 way rotary switch on the back which basically shifts the EQ and a depth mod. The amp has a huge bottom end and harmonics. Totally different than the Atomica. Yes, still a single channel. Not sure how they will handle the EQ select or if they will use any bright switches to shift.

Steve

Back