Anyone got the goods on the SIR 36 mod ?

screamindemon

I know there is a huge thread on the metro forum about this but all the Schematics where taken down.
Anyone know of an accuate schematic to get there. I believe it is based off of a 2203 with added gain stage and 2 cold clipping stages.
Thanks !

Frank Levi modded SIR amps in NY & LA. Those were Franks mods.
I got to chat with Frank before he passed. Great guy.
I had heard he did not write out or copy his schematics they were all in his head and went with him.
Only way to get a real FL circuit is to reverse engineer it from one of his Marshalls.
Everyone else that makes claims are just that, claims.

51361432_2176126402452650_7875289498945323008_n.jpg

There’s a schem here. It’s the Larry guess at what the mod could be from what I gather. Sounds great though, if your going for slash tones though it’s probably not the best move. From what I know it’s still a bit of a mystery as to what he used and who’s mod was in the amp during that time.

Yeah mine isn’t from Jason. It may have been given to me from years ago here on RT or somewhere else. I’ve been looking but haven’t found it yet. I got the 36 and 39 mods at the same time and was told they’re the real deal so I saved them for a rainy day, but I don’t chase either tone so I never gave them much thought.

Back