Anyone try the Modern Pro Satin's yet?

Mixman

If so how are they? Except for finish are they much different from the regular modern pros? I have been looking for a Transparent Red Satin with HSH and Floyd and I can't find any out there, except in the UK.

I don't know.... From what I'm hearing there's allot of love for them. I plan to go to Maken' Music next weekend and check them out.

Mixman":2ytvnd7i said:
Thanks for letting me know. It seems like they are pluses and minuses to the satins.

No minuses from where I stand, but then again....I'm probably the biggest fan of the Satins on this forum. Just got my 2nd one this month (black satin) and they are my most favorite to play out of all the guitars I own! And, I've also got two really nice Custom Moderns with Curly Koa and Flame Maple tops and still choose to play the Satins 70%-80% of the time. Sure, they aren't the prettiest...but, who gives a shit. They sound and play soooo good for what I like. Real nice organic, resonating tones....so versatile. And, the neck/radius specs are my favorite. The new black one I got does have a rougher feel to the back of the neck compared to my Natural, but it doesn't really bother me. The African Mahogany body/neck with the Suhr SSH+/SSV pickups are a match made in heaven! Excellent guitars.

Didn't bond with how the neck felt. Not the shape but the grain bugged me. I also hated the cutaway access. Sounded awesome though!

Back