Arpeggio music book

the rossness

My guitar teacher and I are working on arpeggios. Can anyone recommend me a good music book for learning arpeggios?

No. That said I would assume your teacher can help with this. For my money less is more, learn a few basic forms in 2 positions and then- this is where it's important-learn to super impose them.

So... Have your teacher show you major7, minor 7, dominant 7, minor 7b5, major7#5, min maj 7 and call it a day.

Say you grab that minor 7 shape and play it up a 6 th over a major i.e. Am7 over C you imply C6 sound, or Am7 over F and you get F maj 9

Super impose Eb7 over G7 and you get a G7#5.

degenaro":2htlzx24 said:
No. That said I would assume your teacher can help with this. For my money less is more, learn a few basic forms in 2 positions and then- this is where it's important-learn to super impose them.

So... Have your teacher show you major7, minor 7, dominant 7, minor 7b5, major7#5, min maj 7 and call it a day.

Say you grab that minor 7 shape and play it up a 6 th over a major i.e. Am7 over C you imply C6 sound, or Am7 over F and you get F maj 9

Super impose Eb7 over G7 and you get a G7#5.
Exactly what Ed said! I wrote up a thread awhile back explaining this....excellent rut buster!!! :yes:

tonmazz":fvz1zaxj said:
Guys, any chance of posting a video demonstrating this? Would be helpful to see.

here, maybe this will help you.

the definition of an arpeggio, are the notes of a chord played seperately.

so taking that into account, re-read what Ed has wrote for us. does it click now?

as far as the chord shapes it would be nice to show a video of those different chords Ed and break down the root, 3rd and 7th which names the chords as you have said before, that would be helpful for me and also fit into the topic? :)

glpg80":1bsrrbf8 said:
tonmazz":1bsrrbf8 said:
Guys, any chance of posting a video demonstrating this? Would be helpful to see.

here, maybe this will help you.

the definition of an arpeggio, are the notes of a chord played seperately.

so taking that into account, re-read what Ed has wrote for us. does it click now?

as far as the chord shapes it would be nice to show a video of those different chords Ed and break down the root, 3rd and 7th which names the chords as you have said before, that would be helpful for me and also fit into the topic? :)
I likely won't have any time in the next couple of days...I'm getting ready to go to India for 10 weeks, but I might have time when I'm there, prolly can tab out some stuff in the meanwhile...

whichever works best for you! if you are willing to put extra time into this topic anything you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Back