atomica powertube options

MYLILSS

is the atomica capable of running any other power tubes in it, or just el34's like originally equipped ?

for the record, no i dont have one yet, but ihave been contemplating pulling the trigger on one for a while, and have always been curious about this

Question for Dave or George. I think only EL34 but I could be wrong. The circuit is designed around the EL 34 I know that much.

if it has 1750k primary on the OT you'd really want to run it with EL34's , but you could essentially mod the amp to get the bias range anywhere you want. It May not sound that great though with that primary load on the different types of output tubes. Plus This circuit really does sounds best with EL34's IMO

Thanks for the info guys. I may still give it a shot, just never been a fan of anything with el34's that i have tried, which is why i asked about the tubes

Hell there's like 30 or so deferent choices out there that will work in the amp.

Lots of deferent EL-34's, along with several choices in 6CA7, and KT-77.

If you're a 6L6 guy, the 6CA7 is a nice choice to try.

was wondering about this myself

EL34's sound really good in the vids but I bet being able to use 6550's or KT-88's in the Atomica would be the shiznit :D

Back