Atomica settings

gibsonash":25qdj3pc said:
Hi Atomica owners , please share your settings !

This depends on the guitar I use and the back gain clipping control.

Use a Cameron 4X12 loaded with G12H30s

Clock settings

Thump - 11-12
Bass - 12
Presence - 12-1
Mids - 12
Treble 1-2

Master - 10 with full clipping set in back (high gain input) / 8 with mid clipping
Gain - 3 with full clipping setting in back (high gain input) / 5 with mid clipping
Edge - left typically, but change based on guitar and clipping selection switch in back

gibsonash":2vbnbleo said:
Hi Atomica owners , please share your settings !

Using a Cameron 4x12 with G12H-30's

gain style 2nd position (12:00)
thump 1:30
presence 1:00
bass 12:00
mid 12:30
treble 11:30
Gain cranked
edge switch left position

The GMW Strat has a Dimarzio SD installed, and the GMW Floyd Paul has a Duncan Custom5 in the bridge and a Sustainiac Pro in the neck. Cabs all have H30's.

IMAG0343.jpg

metalmaniac93":29n43h3a said:
Zach!!! Nice!!!!! The Atomica kicks ass!!! What gain selector (clipping) setting do you use for your VH tones?

I LOVE my Atomica!!

If I am playing REALLY softly, I use the highest setting... I noticed that if I turn ON the loop (w/ nothing plugged in), a significant volume drop occurs. Cool discovery for ultra quiet midnight jam time.

For band levels I use the middle position.

Zachman":3j52j4hw said:
metalmaniac93":3j52j4hw said:
Zach!!! Nice!!!!! The Atomica kicks ass!!! What gain selector (clipping) setting do you use for your VH tones?

I LOVE my Atomica!!

If I am playing REALLY softly, I use the highest setting... I noticed that if I turn ON the loop (w/ nothing plugged in), a significant volume drop occurs. Cool discovery for ultra quiet midnight jam time.

Zach, thanks!!!! I also love my Atomica!!! It smokes!!! I really like the sound of it in the mid clipping (middle position). I hope I still love it after I get my CCV sometime down the road!!!!

metalmaniac93":1mrsiski said:
Zachman":1mrsiski said:
metalmaniac93":1mrsiski said:

I LOVE my Atomica!!

Zach, thanks!!!! I also love my Atomica!!! It smokes!!! I really like the sound of it in the mid clipping (middle position). I hope I still love it after I get my CCV sometime down the road!!!!

If you are digging it, then I think you will still. They are both different enough

Zachman":1ko69qb3 said:
metalmaniac93":1ko69qb3 said:
Zachman":1ko69qb3 said:
metalmaniac93":1ko69qb3 said:

I LOVE my Atomica!!

If you are digging it, then I think you will still. They are both different enough

Yeah, I played through one in Oct 2011 at the LA Amp Show, but forgot how they sound!!!

metalmaniac93":31uiwzfn said:
Zachman":31uiwzfn said:
Zachman":31uiwzfn said:

I LOVE my Atomica!!

Yeah, I played through one in Oct 2011 at the LA Amp Show, but forgot how they sound!!!

metalmaniac93":3b65hybe said:
I hope I still love it after I get my CCV sometime down the road!!!!

Metalmaniac93,

I have both and dig both a lot. I also have a 75 Marshall Friedman modded. I am not able to keep all 3 so I put the Atomic and Friedman up for sale. It sucked because i really dig all 3. This is a very cool spot to be in and a very crappy spot. All three amps get "my" sound but all 3 are different. If there was any way I could pay for the CCV and keep the Atomica and Marshall I would have. The Atomica sold first. :cry: :cry:

To your point, both amps have some similarity in tone but each can do it differently. As long as it is no problem financially to keep both you will really enjoy it!

guitarmike":3182hqbu said:
metalmaniac93":3182hqbu said:
I hope I still love it after I get my CCV sometime down the road!!!!

Metalmaniac93,

I have both and dig both a lot. I also have a 75 Marshall Friedman modded. I am not able to keep all 3 so I put the Atomic and Friedman up for sale. It sucked because i really dig all 3. This is a very cool spot to be in and a very crappy spot. All three amps get "my" sound but all 3 are different. If there was any way I could pay for the CCV and keep the Atomica and Marshall I would have. The Atomica sold first. :cry: :cry:

To your point, both amps have some similarity in tone but each can do it differently. As long as it is no problem financially to keep both you will really enjoy it!

Mike,

Thanks!!! That is good to hear and I hope to keep both since I already paid for it in the 2nd run. That sucks you had to sell the Atomica and Friedman. Is the CCV your only amp right now?

Rob

I'm sorry, I had to sell one of them. I'm keeping the Friedman. I really like it, it has that mojo that comes with years of use and it sounds incredible. It does suck to sell the Atomica but at least it is to pay for a CCV.
:thumbsup:

guitarmike":cphwdqpr said:
I'm sorry, I had to sell one of them. I'm keeping the Friedman. I really like it, it has that mojo that comes with years of use and it sounds incredible. It does suck to sell the Atomica but at least it is to pay for a CCV.
:thumbsup:

Yes, the Friedman is a great amp. I played the BE and the SS demo and they both kick ass. The Atomica was just as good though!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: So how do you like the CCV so far?

Back