BE-100 Effects Loop level & Master Vol

Waldo Nova

I've had a BE-100 for a few years now. Since the manual and Dave both advise running the loop level around 9, I did that and used the Master as volume. At gigs, the signal would be too hot and I would get feedback. I'd turn down the bass/gain and still get squealing at loud volumes without an OD pedal even, gain at 8. I searched different forums, everyone was saying to run at 9 because "that's what Dave says". Well, one guy posts "Run the Master at 5-6 and use the Loop Level for volume" (like the manual says, but I actually kept the Master on 5-6). I added a BOSS Waza SD-1, Level 100% Drive 0% Tone 50%. I had been thinking about selling the amp... but this approach changed everything!! Running the Master at 5 or 6 made everything sound perfect. I'm definitely keeping the amp now and it's back in for gigs!

How does everyone else set their Master/Loop Levels?

The channel volumes are pre loop, so that's your send level out through the fx loop. The return level is post loop and you need to think of it as a system master volume. So you'd want to set your channel volume high enough to get a decent signal to noise ratio, but not too high that it clips the input of your fx unit.

Back