BE-100 loud humming, all channels

Waldo Nova

When off standby (power on), my BE-100 has a loud humming on all channels/modes, plugged straight into amp, no pedals, FX Loop switched on or off. Has anyone had this issue before? Preamp tube? Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you check your power tubes? I would take it to an amp tech maybe you need a fresh set of power tubes

I was leaning that way, after researching a bit more. Thank you for the reply. I wanted to hear it from someone else. ;-)

Now I have to research the best tubes for VH tones!

Not the same amp I know, but when my VHT Pittbull Classic did this the problem was a bad relay

Bad relays can cause noise? I had a bad relay in a Boogie once, it wouldn't change amp channels. Nothing noise related. I'll look into that... I hadn't thought of that one. Thank you for the suggestion.

You could pull preamp tubes, one at a time, to verify it's not that. That could also provide a clue as to where the problem is. If you pull a preamp tube and noise goes away, the problem is upstream of that tube (or the tube itself).

Well, I was told it was a bad relay lol. Didn't work on it myself so take that with a grain of salt :D

Two guys that take what they hear and run with it! Haha! I don't work on amps either. I know enough to make things interesting with many grains of salt ingested. Thanks man!

You could pull preamp tubes, one at a time, to verify it's not that. That could also provide a clue as to where the problem is. If you pull a preamp tube and noise goes away, the problem is upstream of that tube (or the tube itself).

It makes the noise with no cable plugged in too. I'll try the tube pulling tonight! Thank you!

I sold it to a guy on here (Emg77) as-is for cheap - he brought it to a tech he uses after he got it and told me this:

"Sounds like it is a relay in the switching system that was causing the noise issue. He has ordered the part. Hopefully get it back by the end of the week. "

It must have did the trick because after that he messaged me and said the issue was fixed. Again, no idea if this information is even relevant for your amp, but just wanted to throw the possibility out there as something to consider :)

Back