BEST ONLINE LESSONS!!! Your advice inside...

Ventura

Yo Cats,

I posted this under the main RT thread and thought it best to do so here too. Yes, I'll be lining up one-on-one's with Carl Roa, but I'm also looking for something to work with on a daily basis... What's seriously excellent out there?? Any referrals people can suggest with confidence??

Thanks Folks :thumbsup:
V.

Not sure what you're asking but...

I'd say learn the Harmony in C major, all arpegios (Cmaj7, Dmin7,Emin7,Fmaj7,G7 etc) and scales (C ionian, D dorian, E Phrygian) after you can mix them scales with the arpegios. Not sure i'm clear tho, Carl will be a thousand times better for sure :rock:

stefvorcide":2og30cj2 said:
Not sure what you're asking but...

I'd say learn the Harmony in C major, all arpegios (Cmaj7, Dmin7,Emin7,Fmaj7,G7 etc) and scales (C ionian, D dorian, E Phrygian) after you can mix them scales with the arpegios. Not sure i'm clear tho, Carl will be a thousand times better for sure :rock:
What he said...chances are some harmony classes with Carl, or me, or any one like this will get you lot more mileage than any kinda referral site.

just by the virtue of "if you have to ask..."
but what exactly are these harmony classes you speak of?

I'm on it with Carl - DL'd his Theory 101 for shitz'n'giggles (I mean, c'mon, it's cheap!!) and ordered his 90 minute instructional DVD. Spoke with Carl, he said to get these things under my belt - very well - and then start going one-to-one with Sir Roa.

Thanks Cats!!
Mo

Ventura":36o9gy9y said:
I'm on it with Carl - DL'd his Theory 101 for shitz'n'giggles (I mean, c'mon, it's cheap!!) and ordered his 90 minute instructional DVD. Spoke with Carl, he said to get these things under my belt - very well - and then start going one-to-one with Sir Roa.

Thanks Cats!!
Mo
I just did the same thing. I got the stuff from Carl. Hey it can't hurt and the cost was minimal.... :rock: Then I got to get the computer hooked up so the one on one lessons can be done. ;) Another thing I am doing is working on plain ole music reading. You know sheet music..... This will be a good addition to your skills as a working musician. :yes:

Back