Biasing

FourT6and2

I sent an email to Dave Friedman. But no response yet.

What should the CCV be biased to? I see that people are reporting it comes biased super hot, like well over 70% plate dissipation, which for the B+ voltages being reported is upwards of 40ma.

FourT6and2":fci8luxf said:

What should the CCV be biased to? I see that people are reporting it comes biased super hot, like well over 70% plate dissipation, which for the B+ voltages being reported is upwards of 40ma.

Plate voltage runs around 560V on the CCV, sometimes higher. 70% is about 30mA. Mark likes them right at 100% with SED's, up around 45. The CCV seems to run better, set up hot, rather than colder. Depends on the head room and how you set the amp up. I ran my old one's around 40mA. Best to experiment and see what works for you and don't be afraid to run them above the nominal 70% range.

Steve

steve_k":2m4wgzo0 said:
FourT6and2":2m4wgzo0 said:

Plate voltage runs around 560V on the CCV, sometimes higher. 70% is about 30mA. Mark likes them right at 100% with SED's, up around 45. The CCV seems to run better, set up hot, rather than colder. Depends on the head room and how you set the amp up. I ran my old one's around 40mA. Best to experiment and see what works for you and don't be afraid to run them above the nominal 70% range.

Steve
70% works fine for me.

steve_k":icbklgs4 said:

Steve
+1. Experiment with 34- mid 40's and see what is best for the tube you are setting the biasing for. TAD EL34B STR's seeded my =C= SED's in my CCV and sounded best to me biased 38-42. At that bias point the PV came in at 557-560.

LP Freak":ezxcz4ev said:
steve_k":ezxcz4ev said:
FourT6and2":ezxcz4ev said:

Steve
70% works fine for me.

It would. But, you are special..... :thumbsup:

steve_k":2ksrjzwr said:
LP Freak":2ksrjzwr said:
steve_k":2ksrjzwr said:
FourT6and2":2ksrjzwr said:

Steve
70% works fine for me.

It would. But, you are special..... :thumbsup:
Gee thanks....I feel honored! :thumbsup:

Back