"bigger" sounding backup vocals?

Bash_Man

So I am in a 3-piece cover band I do backup vocals and harmonies. Looking for creative ways to perhaps make the backup vocals more filling or "bigger" sounding if you may.

I've tried using a Reverb and delay but it doesn't seem to really make a huge difference. I know there's effects units out there that can take a voice and make it sound like a group, but most of these units that I've seen need a key to be used so it does the harmones, which I understand could be using some sort of an octaver or pitch shifter of some sort.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My previous lead singer had a foot pedal that did funny stuff with his voice but it was just that: funny stuff. Always sounded off. As for backup and harmony I would think you would want to stay under the main vocals and not shine as much. At least that’s what I do. If I want more; I eat the microphone. If I want less or I’m unsure of the lead singing; I’ll back up off the mic. Having been through lots of singers, front and backmen including me, it really helps to have a naturally loud voice which I believe gives you naturally loud singing voice and helps with what you want. There are vocal coaches out there. Might be helpful for you. Idk. As for effects. A tad bit of chorus and tad of reverb.

Back