Boss Eq pedal noise...Is there a mod.

jlbaxe

I have a Boss GE-7 eq pedal, I run it through loop 4 of my TC G system, when it is off there is no noise (imagine that) when it is on it makes more noise than my BK butler Tube Driver maxed out or Maxon OD808 and for the overdrive pedals they are unbelievably quiet. I do not think a Eq should have any noise at all. Is there a mod for this (is it even worth modding) or is there a better eq pedal I should get? I bought this one because i was buying pedals to match David Gilmours pedal board. Now with the TC and Egnater M4s I dont need all of those pedals to emulate his sound/Tone. Also when I power up my system this is the only pedal I have to turn on, is there a mod to lock it on? Or again a different better pedal instead of wasting money on this. Thanks for you time and advice Dave. Jamie

Noisy ? I have never found them to be that noisy. Its really not worth modding try a new mxr eq instead they work well. Also there is no simple mod for it to come up on so just remember to turn it on. Dave

Thanks. I will most likely look into the MXR (since i thought about getting that one before) and maybe i will check out the Boss, I might solder a short wire across the pedal switch if I keep it.

I too thought the out of the box GE-7 was a noisy pedal. I then bought a modded Boss GE-7 from Analogman. There was a huge difference over the stock pedal when used with the Dual Recto. After I got the VH4, I didn't feel the need to muddy up its tone. So, back in the closet it went too. But, if you feel the need for one, go check him out....www.analogman.com I think is the website.

Steve

Back