Cameron CCV - School me

jferla

Can someone school me on the potential sounds you can get out of a Cameron CCV? What kind of bands/recording can I listen to to reference the sound?

The tones I like are Whitesnake, GNR, Van Halen, RATT, Dokken etc. Is this amp too much for these tones?

I hear its a versatile amp but only hear heavy recordings and clips of it mostly playing detuned stuff? Whats the range of tones I can get? Can I set it more Marshally and 'brown'? Or is it just a darker type heavy amp that should be left for darker heavy music.

In the same ball park as Soldano? Mesa Mark IV?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Alex. Sounds great. Do you have any lower gain plexi like clips?

Does it do a good job of that sound?

Various tonal possibilities. Unlike most amps that are multichannel "flexible" amps it can produce good, effectively convincing tones for various tones- RATT, Dokken, etc. Some tones are very effective and spot-on moreso than others but nothing that is lacking to make it sound just acceptable as is usually the case with other amps. Channel 1 will give you up to VH1 gain and tones. The other tones you listed are best covered in ch. 2. Unfortunately, as you mentioned most of the clips give you the impression that it's the drop D tuning thing, which I am not into, that it excels at. This is only scratching the surface. Unlike many amps with many switches providing tonal variations this amp's switches and knobs are all very realistic and effective, not going from one extreme to the other, and very usable.

Thanks RockinChippy. I've narrowed my search down to a Friedman Brown Eye and a CCV. I know you own both. One thing I'm looking for in an amp with good harmonics and organic touch sensitivity. Which do you think is a more interactive amp? Or am I safe with both?

jferla":i4fdgjea said:
Thanks RockinChippy. I've narrowed my search down to a Friedman Brown Eye and a CCV. I know you own both. One thing I'm looking for in an amp with good harmonics and organic touch sensitivity. Which do you think is a more interactive amp? Or am I safe with both?
Probably safe with the BE which I also owned. CCV will be better with the bands, genre you mentioned in your original post.

Back