Can I plug 2 16 ohm cabs in my IIC+

Parallel that gives 8 ohm per cab. Is it okay to put them in 4 ohm on the amp?
Perfectly ok but not optimal as it’s still a mismatch. You’ll lose some punch and definition. I highly recommend this $50 Mesa parallel box that will allow you to perfectly match the impedance of your twin 16 ohm cabs to your amp’s single 8 ohm output.

https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/parallel-box.html
A more expensive yet more flexible option:

https://www.radialeng.com/product/cab-link

That box is literally three connectors connected in parallel where two are inputs and one is an output. I can’t believe that’s a $50 box. I’d drill two holes in the MKII and label them each 16 ohms.

That box is literally three connectors connected in parallel where two are inputs and one is an output. I can’t believe that’s a $50 box. I’d drill two holes in the MKII and label them each 16 ohms.
It's one input, two outputs. Does a MK2 even have a 16 ohm tap (or dual 8 ohm ones) from the transformer? And modifying such an amp in the way you suggest is going to drop it's value much more than $50.

It's one input, two outputs. Does a MK2 even have a 16 ohm tap (or dual 8 ohm ones) from the transformer? And modifying such an amp in the way you suggest is going to drop it's value much more than $50.
And tell me how they’re connected…. It’s passive - it doesn’t matter what’s ins and outs. That’s purely human perspective only.

The MKII does not have taps for 16 ohms. But two 16 in parallel is 8 and there is an 8 ohm tap. Drill two holes for two 16 cabs and you’d add value since you wouldn’t need a damn $50 box. Just say Mike did the mod, he mods all kinds of mesas without value degradation.

And tell me how they’re connected…. It’s passive - it doesn’t matter what’s ins and outs. That’s purely human perspective only.

The MKII does not have taps for 16 ohms. But two 16 in parallel is 8 and there is an 8 ohm tap. Drill two holes for two 16 cabs and you’d add value since you wouldn’t need a damn $50 box. Just say Mike did the mod, he mods all kinds of mesas without value degradation.
Now you’re saying the owner should throw a blatant lie into the equation if claiming Mike B performed work actually done by unauthorized and likely underqualified personnel? You’re assuming the owner is capable of doing this himself? How do I put it? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Palmer makes one for 25 usd :)
That’s certainly cheaper than a drill & bits, a few amp parts, a “how to” book and an emergency room visit if you electrocute yourself from a lack of experience. Or you can potentially ruin your amp and accidentally kill yourself. Whatevs.

Now you’re saying the owner should throw a blatant lie into the equation if claiming Mike B performed work actually done by unauthorized and likely underqualified personnel? You’re assuming the owner is capable of doing this himself? How do I put it? What the fuck is wrong with you?
Buy your damn $50 box and get off my case. It’s two fucking connectors and ohms fucking law.

I’m not assuming anyone can do anything or giving detailed instructions thereof. Either you know it or you don’t. In a box or in your amp doesn’t matter.

Send it to Mike at Mesa and pay hundreds in shipping so that it gets broken or bent up so your value doesn’t drop. Wouldn’t want that to happen now would we? God forbid you utilize a local experienced tech as well.

This whole who modded it value drop is straight gear page shit and I’m over it. This isn’t 1982 anymore. If the work is great and it’s correct it shouldn’t do a damn thing. If you don’t know what you’re doing take it to someone that does. Here’s a shocker, it doesn’t even have to be Mike. THAT is my point.

Buy your damn $50 box and get off my case. It’s two fucking connectors and ohms fucking law.

I’m not assuming anyone can do anything or giving detailed instructions thereof. Either you know it or you don’t. In a box or in your amp doesn’t matter.

Send it to Mike at Mesa and pay hundreds in shipping so that it gets broken or bent up so your value doesn’t drop. Wouldn’t want that to happen now would we? God forbid you utilize a local experienced tech as well.

This whole who modded it value drop is straight gear page shit and I’m over it. This isn’t 1982 anymore. If the work is great and it’s correct it shouldn’t do a damn thing. If you don’t know what you’re doing take it to someone that does. Here’s a shocker, it doesn’t even have to be Mike. THAT is my point.
I’m not the one who was asking about such a connection, buddy. Go back to bumping your Metroplex “with updates performed by George himself” in the classifieds. Seems you’ve got anger, comprehension and dishonesty issues. Best of luck, jerk.

I’m not the one who was asking about such a connection, buddy. Go back to bumping your Metroplex “with updates performed by George himself” in the classifieds. Seems you’ve got anger, comprehension and dishonesty issues. Best of luck, jerk.
Reading comprehension issues? You’ve added nothing beneficial to the topic, took a satire comment quite literally, and involved an amp for sale that’s not even yours in the wrong section of the forum. Thanks for the free advertisement though :cheers:

OK guys. Let's relax. Peter obviously does not want to drill holes in his amp. Yes, there are several ways to skin this cat. Personally, I'd just run it mismatched. Mesa builds amps to accommodate a 1 way mismatch no? Unless maybe it was a permanent solution for gigging at high volumes. :dunno:

At least with the Mesa box he gets a quality product that has a warranty. If he wants to find a cheaper box or learn to do it himself, he knows he can ask in this forum. That's my .311 cents.

Back