Can you use an amp "Fx send" as feed for Wet-Dry-Wet rig ?

TontoZ

I have a JVM410H amp head.

My QUESTION:

Can the 'Fx send’ from the JVM410H be used as a signal out to other amps (to the ‘Wet’ amps) ?

Proposed signal path: mono 'Fx send' from the JVM410H -> stereo time based pedals -> Left and Right sends to 2 Wet amps

So there will be NO Fx return back to JVM410H. I will be using the 'Fx send' as effectively a line out (JVM Fx signal is switchable for instrument -10 dBV or line level +4dBu)

thanks for any replies

Yep you can. It’s what I’m doing for a stereo rig. Line level send to rack stereo time based effects and the R of one side goes back into the same amp W/D mixed right only and the L will go to a second amps return W/D mixed with L only.

Thanks ! I thought this should work. I wanted confirmation before I started spend cash on new gear.

I asked the same question to Marshall. Their reply was to get a line out box from speaker (e.g. Suhr device). But I thought the Fx send signal should work. Marshall don't know the capabilities of their own equipment?

Thanks ! I thought this should work. I wanted confirmation before I started spend cash on new gear.

I asked the same question to Marshall. Their reply was to get a line out box from speaker (e.g. Suhr device). But I thought the Fx send signal should work. Marshall don't know the capabilities of their own equipment?
I've tired it both ways and prefer using a device like the Suhr ISO line level to get the signal as it adds the power amp into the mix and also the volume knob is nice to have for adjusting the volume of the wet cabs.

Back