CCV Settings

Jimbo72

Got a CCV in white about a month ago and just wondering if you guys can share some pics of your settings.

I don't have any pictures, but at the moment I am digging on the following (this is channel 2)

Punch: 12:00 (switch above = left)
Presence: 12:00 (switch above =middle)
Solo: depends, but I have the voicing switch to the right
Master: depends, but I have the voicing switch to the left (I have a 3 button footswitch)
Bass: 1:00
Middle: 11:00
Treble: 2:00
Gain 2: 2:00 (switch above = middle)
Gain 1: 2:00 (switch above = right)
Gain Voicing Switch = right

This gives me a really mean, sustained tone. When its on "Solo" as opposed to "Master" the only change is the switch above - so the Solo tone has a little more drive/gain/sustain and I "feel" it more than hear it.

When I first got the amp, I had the bright switches at MAX (for MAX gain, LOL) but I found that all but disabled the gain controls and the tone was really bright - unique and cool, but keeping things away from the extreme settings allows for the gain controls to really come into play along with the tone stack and there's SO much the amp can do. Its not like you cannot get super heavy tones with the gain/bright switches set at their minimum. You can, its just necessary to crank up the gain. With those brights set at their extreme, you can have the gain 1 and 2 knobs nearly off and its still super distorted.

Jimbo72":h04mq017 said:
Got a CCV in white about a month ago and just wondering if you guys can share some pics of your settings.

White? I thought I had the only white. Is it the production model?

White? I thought I had the only white. Is it the production model?[/quote]

Yes, production run.

Back