CCV vs Friedman BE 100

RG955TT

I know the Cameron Atomica is closer to the BE100 but if anyone owns both of these (CCV & BE-100)and can give me an idea of differences I would appreciate it. Thanks

RG955TT":6ts58d49 said:
I know the Cameron Atomica is closer to the BE100 but if anyone owns both of these (CCV & BE-100)and can give me an idea of differences I would appreciate it. Thanks

I have played both, but do not own both and that was a while ago, but do have a 2nd run production CCV coming one day. I hope someone else will pipe in on this to help you. I currently own an Atomica and have A/B'd the Atomica and BE-100 at TMs. Both outstanding amps as is the CCV.

Just to warn you that you might get a lot of popcorn lovers responding to this thread!! :checkthisout: :checkthisout: :checkthisout: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":2518zyyr said:
I have owned both. One is available and one is not....
ONE is available with no waiting at quite a discount... :D
CCV FOR SALE

All I can compare is CCV to Atomica. The CCV is like the angry older brother of the Atomica. You can get close to the Atomica tones with the CCV and you can get a lot more aggressive tones from there. The clean channel on the CCV is actually quite nice, I was surprised by that.

drewiv":3586119j said:
steve_k":3586119j said:
I have owned both. One is available and one is not....
ONE is available with no waiting at quite a discount... :D
CCV FOR SALE

All I can compare is CCV to Atomica. The CCV is like the angry older brother of the Atomica. You can get close to the Atomica tones with the CCV and you can get a lot more aggressive tones from there. The clean channel on the CCV is actually quite nice, I was surprised by that.

Thanks Drew!!! I am still waiting patiently for my CCV!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

actually i just played both amps for the 1st time last week while at dave friedman's shop on my way thru calif...hard to compare them(or say that one is better than the other) as they are quite different from each other,tonally,imo...the BE-100 sounds like a classic,old school hotrodded marshall plexi tone.the CCV sounds more like a refined bogner ecstasy type tone with a bit of mesa boogie in it.both can cover a wide range of tones.i played the BE-100 first,then the CCV,then went back to the BE-100.i def preferred the BE-100,but that's just me...

Goldwing is right on the money.
Be-100 is the ultimate modded marshall
Ccv is more like he said...a tight super high gain xtc witha dose of mesa and marshall thrown on top.

Having owned both i prefer the Friedman...it is a killer killer amp

Cool, sounds like I made the right choice for me ordering the BE100 (shipping this week!) Wouldnt mind having a CCV too though...maybe one day

RG955TT":2k5302uo said:
Cool, sounds like I made the right choice for me ordering the BE100 (shipping this week!) Wouldnt mind having a CCV too though...maybe one day
I'm in the opposite boat. Have a CCV wouldn't min a BE100 one day. Dave Weiner giving a run down for us at sound check Friday night sold me. Sounded killer. Congrats on the new amp, keep me posted.

drewiv":1r44fqft said:
RG955TT":1r44fqft said:
I'm in the opposite boat. Have a CCV wouldn't min a BE100 one day. Dave Weiner giving a run down for us at sound check Friday night sold me. Sounded killer. Congrats on the new amp, keep me posted.

What are you waiting for? There is one at Make' N Music with your name on it!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back