Cleans on the schmidt and einstien?

diddly

Hi,

Just joined the forum so its my first post. I am curious about these 2 amps. The schmidt is meant to be a bit more vintage sounding compared to other diezels. How are the clean tones on this amp? What would you compare them to? I know it probably has its own thing going on, but its similar to something else I would imagine. For cleans I'm generally a fan of Mesa Boogie and Fender style cleans. I am very familiar with them as I have owned a lot of these amps over the years. Would the schmidt be similar as in slightly scooped mid range with a full round low end and open, chimey top end or would it be closer to say a a marshall style clean?

My mate has a VH4 and the gain channels are excellent but the cleans are ok. For my tastes anyway. So that would be another reference point. I have also tried the Paul amp, would that be nearer?

How are the Einsteins cleans? It would mostly interest me as a gain head really but just curious on the cleans. I cant try either of these amps and there is not an awful lot of demo's out there really. Never really considered a Diezel before, but one a few have popped up for sale am I am curious. My mate swears by them but we have different tastes. He is more of a metal fan. I'm a little more on the classic rock side of things probably.

Thanks in advance

I have never played a Schmidt, but supposedly the cleans are similar to the Paul. The Paul's cleans are outstanding. It is known for having a fantastic clean channel. That being said, I like the cleans on my Einstein as well. The Einstein cleans aren't as sparkly, and the top end seems slightly subdued in comparison to Paul, but I really like the Einstein cleans nonetheless. If I were primarily a clean player and needed the better sounding cleans of the two, I'd probably opt for a Paul (or in your case Schmidt). But Einstein (for me) is like a perfect blend of the VH4 and Herbert, plus it has great cleans, which is why I kept it over the Paul.

I have a Schmidt,
It has an amazing clean channel, the only amp I've had that is equally inspiring (abit different) is a Matchless DC30.
If I were to choose a classic sound to describe, I'd say somewhere between a fender and a vox, but it has it's own character.

You should look at a VH2 if looking for cleans and
For cleans I'm generally a fan of Mesa Boogie and Fender style cleans.

My mate has a VH4 and the gain channels are excellent but the cleans are ok. For my tastes anyway. So that would be another reference point. I have also tried the Paul amp, would that be nearer?

It would mostly interest me as a gain head really but just curious on the cleans.

Thanks in advance
To me it sounds like you should look at the VH2. Its Channel 1 is similar to Paul and Channel 2 is like VH4 Channel 3/4 combined. Or so Diezel says... I have never played a VH4 or Paul.

But I own an VH2 and love it. I came from a Mesa Mark V 25 and the Fat channel on that is my Favorite clean I've played. The VH2 is a just as good, but not as warm as the Fat channel, so actually a bit more versatile than the Fat channel by itself (which doesn't dial in chime well).

The Diezel video on the VH2 is spot on. If you like the sounds Peter and Peter put out on that video you'll love the amp.

For more on the VH2 Clean and how to run it even as a Single channel amps check out this link.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/vh2-stellar-clean-channel-needs-a-post.236218/

Back