Clips of Rebel 30 mkii

imalrightjack

Hi all,

Any videos/audio clips? Reviews? Comments?

Had the Renegade 65 212 but got rid because it was too big but I miss the sound so much. I got an ex-demo Renegade 65 112 but it had a ton of problems so it went back. I still crave an Egnater and hope the Rebel 30 Mkii is the answer.

Be good to hear from any fellow Eg-heads.

Thanks!

Good luck - finding clips of the Rebel 30 MK II is like trying to find a unicorn - they don't exist! Unfortunately I don't live near a big box music store and I think GC stopped carrying Egnater anyway.

I've decided to move on and pick up a Carvin Legacy III head. Bruce's poor marketing of these MKII amps has turned me off the brand, which is a shame because I love my original Rebel 30.

I must say, I am baffled. It's an odd way to run a business and surprises me because any contact I've had with Bruce has shown him to be a very helpful guy.

I similarly don't have a store nearby but might take a chance and return if necessary. My biggest concern is that the drive channel is too heavy rock and tough to tame for lighter sounds.

imalrightjack":1i69pag1 said:
I must say, I am baffled. It's an odd way to run a business and surprises me because any contact I've had with Bruce has shown him to be a very helpful guy.

I similarly don't have a store nearby but might take a chance and return if necessary. My biggest concern is that the drive channel is too heavy rock and tough to tame for lighter sounds.

I agree - on the whole my experience with Egnater has been good. There was no issue with promoting his initial line of Rebel/Renegade amps with reviews, clips, etc. It's even easier now with current technology to do these things, so I feel that there is no excuse for it.

I'm leery of high gain amps that use EL84s - they always tend to sound fizzy and unmusical when compared to say, EL34 or 6L6 high gain amps. I do love the Rebel 30, but would love for it to have just a little bit more gain, which is why the MKII is compelling. But I'll give the Legacy 3 a try and can return if I don't dig it. Plus with 3 channels, I could reduce my pedalboard :D

musicmanmu":34uel78y said:
imalrightjack":34uel78y said:

I agree - on the whole my experience with Egnater has been good. There was no issue with promoting his initial line of Rebel/Renegade amps with reviews, clips, etc. It's even easier now with current technology to do these things, so I feel that there is no excuse for it.

I'm leery of high gain amps that use EL84s - they always tend to sound fizzy and unmusical when compared to say, EL34 or 6L6 high gain amps. I do love the Rebel 30, but would love for it to have just a little bit more gain, which is why the MKII is compelling. But I'll give the Legacy 3 a try and can return if I don't dig it. Plus with 3 channels, I could reduce my pedalboard :D

Also try Mesa Boogie 5:25 Plus & Transatlantic TA-30.
Great EL-84 amps that are a step above Egnater & Carvin imo.
Also 5:50 Plus, Mini Rectifier & Mark V if you want 6L6s :thumbsup:

Guitar Center website does list them, but says not available until mid January. Sweetwater website lists them and says they are in stock. They also have a few customer reviews of them. Still, it's inexplicable that there are no video clips of the new Rebels.

Waxhead":2zzgaib9 said:
musicmanmu":2zzgaib9 said:
imalrightjack":2zzgaib9 said:

The Mini Mark V looks great, but not willing to pay $1200! I want a head that will fit on the Egnater 112x cabs, so my choices are limited.

musicmanmu":3dqytqkz said:
Waxhead":3dqytqkz said:
musicmanmu":3dqytqkz said:
imalrightjack":3dqytqkz said:

The Mini Mark V looks great, but not willing to pay $1200! I want a head that will fit on the Egnater 112x cabs, so my choices are limited.

yeah fair enough - price is always a factor.
I have both the R30 Head & a Mesa 5:50.
Big price diff & also big tone quality diff imo.
Luv the R30 but it only gets used for band practice, the odd gig and as backup.

I contacted Sweetwater the other day about possibly doing a demo of this amp, and my sales rep said he talked with the marketing manager, and they apparently will be doing one! That was pretty cool. So here's hoping!

Well, I can't really comment on the original as I had a Renegade 212. The clean is lovely and warm, really what I wanted. Both channels are very tweakable and every knob has a very appreciable change as you dial in, way more than any amp I've owned. At lower volume levels (this isn't a criticism), I'm struggling to get a particularly great gain sound. I used it live at the weekend and used only a Goldsmith pedal with it, which I used against the clean channel and added the OD channel to super-saturate leads. No complaints so far!

I suspect it'll be next week before I can record it.

Oh, it definitely passed the 'no reverb' test. It 100% doesn't rely on it, unlike some amps I've tried.

Back