Coming soon, MGL50 1981-2204 Amp Head

MGL AmpWorks

Coming soon, the NEW MGL50 1981-2204 amp head! A few weeks back I listed a one-off built MGL50 head built to original 1981 - 2204 specs. A replica in tone to my original 1981 JMP 2204 that I've owned for over 25 years. The amp sold very quickly and I got a lot of response to it. So we've decided to offer a limited run of them. They will have the current MGL50 layout with the Metropoulos FX loop & foot switchable cleaner channel with it's own master volume (Essentially like plugging into the low sensitivity jack of a stock 2204). Swanson Cabinets is currently building a late '70's large box JMP style head cab covered in Marshall black elephant tolex that will be stock for these amps. the smaller 26" Plexi style cab will also be available. Call or email if you'd like more info or want to place a deposit on one. Price will be the same as the other MGL50's, $2,695.00

Curious if you have any sound clips of these? Thanks!
First amp is built and will be working on some clips in the next week or so. We'll be using the Metropoulos Head Master so we can switch quickly between amps thru the same cab. I'll post the clips here when they're done. You're also welcome to send me a direct email and I can keep you updated. Thanks, Mark
1.jpg

Still working on getting the sound clips together. In the mean time here's the first completed amp that will be available soon. Swanson Cabinets has done a late '70's JMP replica head cab for these covered in real Marshall black Elephant tolex. The amps will still have the same extra features of the regular MGL50 amps including The Metropoulos FX loop. Also a foot switchable cleaner channel with a separate Master volume that is the same as plugging into the low sensitivity jack.

1.jpg

Back