Custom Audio Amplifiers OD-100 SE+ Tranny's

MrPlexi

Has the OD-100 SE+ always come stock with plexi transformers?
Just wondering I'm looking buying a used 2007 to sit next to my PT100

MrPlexi":erib9qmp said:
Has the OD-100 SE+ always come stock with plexi transformers?
Just wondering I'm looking buying a used 2007 to sit next to my PT100
If it is EL34s yes, but the original SEPlus were 5881s

I just missed the EL34 conversion on the se+. I bought an OD100 back in 2006. Many conversions later, it is now a PT100. I had mine for about a year and had it later converted to an SE+. At the time, SE+ still had 5881s and original transformer. People think the cleans are great on the current amps with EL34s and I have to say there are very few,if any, that compare to CAA. I do have to say the 5881s took cleans to another level. I did later convert to El34s. I then took it in to get the plexi transformer and just last year converted to a PT100. Same amp 6 years later and I have had nothing come close to pulling me away. Is it me or does that plexi tranny add some weight.

Speaking of ......., I got a CAA OD 100 SE+ last year and was wondering if anyone else had trouble getting the low end flubbing a bit. Putting an OD or EQ brings it out nicely but was just looking for others thoughts on this. Still, can't say enough about this amp. Moved around to a few others and just cant stay away from it! BTW, bought the amp from Ken at Ultrasound in NYC. He and Gene were great!

Back