d tuna alternatives

The concerning thing to me that I heard, is that you can only fine tune in the drop mode. You have to tune to E by unlocking at the nut. They sell a nut to do this more easily, but of that's the case, I'll pass. Any tuning at the headstock can throw of the other string,I mean if you have to block and if you have to unlock the nut to E, then just unlock the nut and down time. The block should prevent the other strings from coming out of tune. I see this as only useful if you are changing tuning mid song

I had one. LIked it at first, but then removed it due to what Scottosan said above. It would 'throw' pretty accurately back up and down, but losing that ability to fine tune in E was an issue for me.

Junk Yard Dog":ms1fbjy1 said:
I had one. LIked it at first, but then removed it due to what Scottosan said above. It would 'throw' pretty accurately back up and down, but losing that ability to fine tune in E was an issue for me.

Same for me as JYD said.

Darren, if you want one, PM me. I have a couple of them hanging around and can send you one. Just cost of postage only.

I have a few D-tunas that I bought before realizing that there's enough travel in the fine tuner to just detune manually. If you don't need to instantly drop tune, maybe try that first.

PBGas":2zecpx94 said:
Junk Yard Dog":2zecpx94 said:

Same for me as JYD said.

Darren, if you want one, PM me. I have a couple of them hanging around and can send you one. Just cost of postage only.

oh thanks man! i went ahead and just bought one before i saw this :/. is ok ill mess around with it

cardinal":xzp4egh9 said:
I have a few D-tunas that I bought before realizing that there's enough travel in the fine tuner to just detune manually. If you don't need to instantly drop tune, maybe try that first.

yeah might try that. the d tunas are a bit finicky for me, but i still have a couple installed. gonne try the tone vise too, see whats the lesser pita of the three options lol

Works great for me but I'm an at home player.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-121742_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-121742_Messages.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 961
I have d-tuna’s on my wolfgang and axis. Both work great. I’ve seen guys make a route to the dtuna on guitars with floating tremolos, so, that’s always an option.

Alternitivly, theres the line 6 variax guitar. Also, a roland GK pickup would do the job digitally.

In theory, the Tone Vise is great. In practice I was very frustrated with it. I run D-Tunas on all of my recessed FR guitars. The only guitar that I ever had an issue running one was on my N4.

I got one D Tuna and one Tone Vise, like 'em both.
Tone Vise is quicker to switch, D Tuna has the added benefit of fine tuning.

Back