Deliverance build underway..

I had to make it look pretty..

It made sound the 1st time I fired it up, but I blundered a few things. Plus the Schematics had some discrepancies on the NFB Controls, but I got it sorted out. I did add the V5 cathode Follower that I copied from my D120.

There's a couple different schemes on the Gain 1 Bright Cap deal. On this amp it's really bright with a 1n cap, so I have a 470P in there right now. I can always play with it latter. I wonder if it has something to do with the Output Transformer??

It looks like a bomb went off in my guitar room.. There's shit everywhere, but the thing actually works and is butt quiet. I managed to not fuck it up. I can get a plug for the hole in the front and make it look decent.

I'll do clips tomorrow. I need to clean this room and make it clip ready.. Pics for now..

View attachment 281957

View attachment 281960
View attachment 281963

View attachment 281981

View attachment 281984

View attachment 281987

Looking so nice !!! Ya have schemetics on the D60?

Sharpie Pens are awesome.. Needs another coat.. I came up with a solution for the empty Pot hole..

I wanna put a Fane F90 in there now, because it needs to be as heavy as possible to carry.. :love: That and I think it will sound better..

IMG_20240123_125455047_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, here's a Combo Clip. I have the stock JCA Eminence in there.. Sounds pretty okay for an Open Back Combo. I used a e906 mic and 8% Delay in post.. Here's a pic of the Amp and the settings I used.

I have it biased at about 44 ma's which I verified is 42 Watts with the MV at 9:00.. LOL This was not recorded that loud. Just bedroom volume.. If you look hard you can see the old JCA Board in the back.. LOL

IMG_20240123_181910947_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240123_181806178.jpg

This thing is aggressive.. I'm still waiting on a few little things. I need to get a 220n cap on the Input Grid, a 1n to Ground, a 10n over the Rectifiers and maybe a MOV over the incoming AC Power.. All packs of 20 for 5 bux each straight from China.. We live in convenient times..

I have JJ ECC83's in there :cool: and a GE 6201 in V5.

Okay, here's a Combo Clip. I have the stock JCA Eminence in there.. Sounds pretty okay for an Open Back Combo. I used a e906 mic and 8% Delay in post.. Here's a pic of the Amp and the settings I used.

I have it biased at about 44 ma's which I verified is 42 Watts with the MV at 9:00.. LOL This was not recorded that loud. Just bedroom volume.. If you look hard you can see the old JCA Board in the back.. LOL

View attachment 282146

View attachment 282149

Wow sound good !!!

A lot of the way THAT clip sounds is THAT Speaker and THAT Cab... The Jet City Amp had a lot of that DNA in the tone, but I need the attack of the Fryette..

Here's a clip with my FANE loaded 212 closed back... I rolled in some JJ ECC83 MG's. They have a more open feel. This amp seems to have more gain than my D120 or Sig:X

A little update.. I finally got some Bear Traps to hold in the Power Tubes..
I got a 10n Cap over the PT Secondary at the Rectifier. I did notice a bit less Hum.
I changed the big ass chonker Caps in the early stages to smaller and more appropriate voltages.
And I changed the Caps in the Tone Stack from Silver Mica to Ceramic. I do notice a little more grit and texture to the sound with just a quick test..

I've had it on the Attenuator for weeks now every time I play it and it's been solid. So I think I'll get it into the Combo Cab as I think I'm done messing with it. I'll pickup a Fane F70 for it with this years Tax Return because they're friggin $165 now..

IMG_20240205_220154237.jpg

The Fane has landed.. I lucked out and found a used one on eBay for $115 delivered! It's new because it was mint and is still really crisp. it needs a good pounding to break it in. The circle is complete..

IMG_20240215_150052509_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240215_152703701.jpg

Back