Diezel Herbert mk3 vs Hagen

Guitar-craze

First post, opinions on these two amps.
Looking to buy one of these. Had a couple herbert mk2s in the past. Definitely were great amps.

Mainly play heavy rock / metal .
Any opinions on versatility, tone, and preferences would be appreciated..
Thanks

What I’ve read and watched on videos, the Hagen is what they learned after 18 years of being in the amp building business. They didn’t want to MK2 the VH4 and they wanted to do 4 channels over the Herbert 3 channels. The Herbert does have the +/- on channel 2 so it’s kind of a 3.5 channel amp lol. The Herbert also has the Mid Cut which the Hagen does not. I have a Herbert and love it. Hopefully some more will chime in. Watch the videos Peter has out on those amps, they’re in German with subtitle but they are great.

Thanks for the info. bro, I think I'm going to go with the Herbert since I'm familiar with them.
Was really wondering if there was that much of a tone difference between the amps.. heard clips, but never played a Hagen, so either way I know I can't go wrong with the Hagen or Herbert..👍🏼

What I’ve read and watched on videos, the Hagen is what they learned after 18 years of being in the amp building business. They didn’t want to MK2 the VH4 and they wanted to do 4 channels over the Herbert 3 channels. The Herbert does have the +/- on channel 2 so it’s kind of a 3.5 channel amp lol. The Herbert also has the Mid Cut which the Hagen does not. I have a Herbert and love it. Hopefully some more will chime in. Watch the videos Peter has out on those amps, they’re in German with subtitle but they are great.
I love my Herberts and Vh4. They are lifers !

I guess I should have searched a little more..realize this is a hashed out subject..lol. lot of good information on here ..looks like can't go wrong either way for my style..do wish I could play a hagen tho..

Biggest thing online is that you can’t go wrong with a Diezel.
Except they are truly binary/polarizing in their fanbase - you either love 'em or ya can't stand 'em. Or so it seems.

I love 'em.

Never played a Mk.III Herbert - only the first model. Wasn't my cup of tea. But my stable includes and has been the same for ages now:
VH4
Hagen
D-Moll

They ain't going anywhere.

Back