Egnater Tweaker 40 issues

The evil nick

I have a pair of Egnater tweaker 40s, one in my live rig and one in my studio. Im having an issue with studio one, i bought it new and its about 3 years old. It acts as its a bad tube, loose connector/ broken solder point. It has sound but intermittently drops in volume. Just did a retube with jjs bias reading 65v, my live rig has a mercury output tranny, so i put the original from that one in this unit. The retube and different tranny still have the same problem. Not sure what to do next. Im pretty capable of doing minor repairs, mods, and troubleshooting if i have some info and a place to start. I know there are problems with the power tranny, but i was under the impression when that goes it blows the fuse etc. is there a way to check that? Any suggestions?

Well, there is some loose/broken connection. To properly repair this you will need to trace the circuit to find where the issue is. I know that is vague but there is no one simple answer. One thing you can try is, next time it starts to do this, take a guitar cable from the send to return jacks and see if it fixes it. Sometimes the contacts on the loop jacks can become intermittent from not using them. Please email me if you need further assistance. begnater@aol.com

Back