Favorite metal flake finishes???

I've been a bit obsessed with large metal flake the past couple years. A canadian guitar repair shop refinished this old US Jackson Fusion in large flake gold. I'm a terrible camera person but it looks incredible in real life and on stage.
Sparkle Jackson.jpg

I've been a bit obsessed with large metal flake the past couple years. A canadian guitar repair shop refinished this old US Jackson Fusion in large flake gold. I'm a terrible camera person but it looks incredible in real life and on stage.
Love it, looks killer. I've been doing all these with small format flake that can be aerosol can sprayed, but our booth at work has air and everything is there, next step is to just a real gun and start mixing and shooting large flake, may as well....

This is a silver halo flake. You be the judge.

View attachment 299457
That’s sweet. Not that any of it is “easy” but that kind of flake finish is the easiest to do... Black base > flip flop / multi color flake and lots of clear on that. Do a few of these and you’ll understand why guys are getting $300 + for paintwork though, there’s a shit ton of prep and hands on involved.

I’m kind of tempted to try this one next...
https://rothmetalflake.com/collections/rattle-bomb-kits/products/rattle-bomb-kit-br-blue-nebula-1

Maybe something else from this group, it does cut out one step. Really it’s wild how quick you can get these done > 7 minute flash time between coats > 1/2 hour to shoot 2k clear. You can wet sand and polish 24 hours later if you want.

https://rothmetalflake.com/collections/all-in-1-vunderbombs

I learned a lesson with this one....super easy to bury the flake with candy, but I also learned what a pain in the ass it is to shoot candy correctly...trying to correct streaks completely changed the color. There's 3/4's of a can of silver metal flake lurking under this. Hard to photograph but super obvious in person

Strat Mutt too.jpeg

They weren't stock with this color were they?

You got a link to your chair.. that looks perfect for me.. yesterday mine broke and sent me backwards onto the floor.. yours looks heavy duty.
Yep it was a stock color in 97. Not sure on the chair, was a xmas present from my wife. I will ask her where she got it, one of the office type stores.

Back