FS: Zu Druid 6 Speakers_SOLD

MetalHeadMike

HATE HATE HATE to sell these, but my wife just found out it's highly possible she's losing her job. Matched pair of Zu Druid 6 loudspeakers. These are the most current Druid model to date. Color is Black Hole matte black and it is stunning. I just took delivery of these brand new February 2024. They have been used lightly in a no pet/non-smoking/no children environment for just over a month. These are as new.

I don't think I've ever seen a loudspeaker built this well, they're a work of art, built to last 5 lifetimes, and they sound absolutely godlike, incredible. They are in the exact condition as when I unpacked them new just over a month ago. I will wrap them in industrial palate stretch wrap just as they were from the factory and in addition, I will be adding significant foam packing material and bubble wrap around the entire cabinet; way above/beyond the factory pack job. There is a faint mark on both cabinets on one side that must be related to the finishing process. You have to look in just the right light at just the right angle and even then it is extremely faint. You really really really have to be looking, just want full disclosure.

SOLD

From the Zu website description:

"Not just a rework but an all new platform.

The full-range driver, tweeter assembly, cabinet and construction methodology are all new from the ground up. Improvements over the tried-and-true Druid Five include resolution through the whole of the musical spectrum, with significantly better bass and deeper extension. Dynamics and nuance are more intense and yet relaxed, possessing that elusive at-ease quality in playback. Druid Six is capable of extraordinary power and grace, with grippingly coherent full-spectrum realism. Price is for a matched pair.

Drivers and cabinet are designed as a whole, the driver used as a part of the stressed system and not simply screwed to the baffle. Cabinet design and methods yield significant improvements in strength-to-weight and damping qualities—the wave mechanics of the structure including drivers. Cabinet construction pallet shifts from MDF-type to an engineered birch/maple/carbon/aluminum composite construction using 100% solids, infusion epoxy for layup and very large filleted internal edge and corner work. These materials and and techniques combine for serious improvements in system fidelity: lower noise, better power transfer… and a longer life! The sound produced is vivid, emotionally connective and relaxed."

Druid stands fifty inches [130cm] tall, seven inches [18 cm] deep, with a footprint of 12-3/4 inches [32.5 cm] square. It is both high efficiency [101 dB-SPL, 1W @ 1 m] and high power handling [200W] and features our new 11-1/4 inch [29 cm] full-range driver augmented by a Radian based tweeter to color in the harmonic structure and detail of the upper most treble. Internal cabling is our Event Mk.II loudspeaker cable.

Attachments

• IMG_0893 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0893 - Copy.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0894 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0894 - Copy.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
DUDE,
I almost thought you were going to say the wife is pregnant.
Was about to rat you out to Bea.:gethim:

Anyway, post these on TGP.
Bet you'll get more interest on that site.
There up there too and Reverb, Audiogon, USAaudiomart. Just figured why not here too. Incredible speakers if your into home audio and a smoking deal on an as new pair. These were bucket list for my music listening adventure and well worth the coin, just have shit hitting the fan.

Back