Golfers

Hate the fucking game.
Go to a few outings a year.
Usually I just sit in the cart smoke grass, cigars and flirt with the bourbon chicks driving around

the bird killer
image.jpg

Started playing in Spring 2020. Until my kid came along last October I played at least once a week. Got down to a 11.8 handicap last year with my best round was a 79. I sure would love to get back to it, but now it's impossible to get away for 5 hours in the morning. I've found it interesting though, last year when I played all the time I sucked at putting and averaged 36 a round. My last two rounds this year I've putted in the high 20s with no practice. Such a strange game.

played a lot in the late 80's early 90's and was shooting in the mid-70's when I quit because racing mountain bikes was more fun. Was invited to a scramble tournament in 2001 in San Diego and despite me not playing for nearly a decade I shot a 75 in a practice round and our team won the tourney. Didn't play again until about 2008, shot a 73 and got hooked again so I started playing more often but my scores went backwards so I quit yet again. Had a really bad MTB crash five years ago and did too much damage to ride like I used to so I decided to get semi-serious about golf again last year and have been playing fairly regularly though I couldn't be more inconsistent. Sometimes I'll shoot in the 70's, yesterday I played straight bogey golf. I've never had lessons so it's probably time.

I wonder whether or not this should be in "sport".

I mean, you hobby could be playing tennis and that would be in sport, so... I guess I'll move it there.

Just 'cause something isn't played at a professional level doesn't mean it ain't sport.

It's a Sport if you watch it on TV. If you play golf and drink heavy (at least a 12 pack for 18 holes) it's a hobby

I know, right? :LOL:

OTOH, you can play a sport as an amateur, professionally or as a hobby and it's still sport. :dunno:

Back