Got my wisdom toofs out today...

Wow, that looks pretty bad. At least you have your nice Peters behind ya to keep you company. :cool:

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":7ffe9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Werd, I've heard they're bad, but what's the deal with them? You wanna clean the sockets, but you don't wanna get rid of the clots?

Yeah...if the clots fall off or don't form, the dry socket shit makes it agonizingly painful because the bone is exposed and makes it much harder to heal as well as giving you nasty side effects like bad breath and super swelling. Luckily I don't smoke.

Which is also why youre not supposed to spit or rinse your mouth out on the first day, b/c then the blood can't clot.

The instructions say I can rinse with saltwater today though, so maybe I'll do that rather than syringe.

I had 4 taken out while in the Air Force. They got it down to a science. They give you a "relaxant" before the operation (I fell asleep). I got one pain shot in the afternoon and sent me home the day after. No pain on the second day.

The reason they took them out was they were pushing against my molars and all the work done by my braces during my teenage years would have been destroyed :xplode:

I'm glad it was done so I don't have to deal with it today.

>|<>QBB<
philb":96b47 said:
I had 4 taken out while in the Air Force. They got it down to a science. They give you a "relaxant" before the operation (I fell asleep). I got one pain shot in the afternoon and sent me home the day after. No pain on the second day.

The reason they took them out was they were pushing against my molars and all the work done by my braces during my teenage years would have been destroyed :xplode:

I'm glad it was done so I don't have to deal with it today.

Yep, all the work my braces did were toasted by mine, I'm wondering if that's why my retainer never worked with those bad boys pushing in.... I'm hoping they'll kinda spread out a little on their own after the wisdom teeth are gone.

my back right one is starting to break the skin, and its so swollen i cant really shut my mouth all the way. i should go to the dentist

Back