Handmade Pedal Board

wkwon

I don't want to shell out $100-200 to get a piece of wood to stick my pedals on. I've seen this at shows where people just buy a flat piece of wood and use that as their pedal board.

Are there any downsides to this? Can I just velcro the pedals onto the board?

thanks.

Use 1/4'' plywood and then apply carpet to it. Buy some handles from home-depot and you got yourself your own pedalboard. The only downside would be finding a flight case to fit your pedalboard perfectly.

By the way, my board is just a piece of plywood painted black with velcro on it. I also added a riser that I made for another board. It's just a couple pieces of 1x6. It has velcro on it, too.. That way I can remove it when I want to.

Pic:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1825

I used MDF wood, since it is stronger than plywood. It is heavier, though. I glued indoor/outdoor carpet to it using spray on glue, and put velocro on the bottom of all my pedals, and they stick really well. I screwed on 2 drawer handles so it's easy to lift, and screwed on some rubber furniture feet on the bottom to stop it from moving on wooden stages. It fits perfectly into a bass guitar case which I bought used at a pawn shop for cheap! (I had to modify the case a bit, mainly I removed the storage compartment in the middle)

I bought a piece of kick-plate from home depot and drilled holes in it. Then I zip-tied my pedals in place and put two handles on it.

(yes, this was at a time when I was playing a dual rec)...I'm too lazy to change it.

It took me like maybe an hour to put together, but it's tough and looks really sharp.

sub

Buidling your own board is extremely easy. I basically just bought a project board at Home Depot for my pedals, then I just got a couple of different types of doorstops which I used to tilt the board. Then I used some of that crazy super-strength velcro (which I also got @ HD) on the pedals and the board, it's really strong and it doesn't ruin the pedal/paint when you need to remove it.

I mainly just use it at home for the sake of organization. It's pretty big and I just stick a million pedals on it. If I were to need a board for gigging, I'd probably just buy a small pedalboard at a GC or something. I'd probably only use a few pedals anyways in that case.

ScreaminKing":51ddc said:
Buidling your own board is extremely easy. I basically just bought a project board at Home Depot for my pedals, then I just got a couple of different types of doorstops which I used to tilt the board. Then I used some of that crazy super-strength velcro (which I also got @ HD) on the pedals and the board, it's really strong and it doesn't ruin the pedal/paint when you need to remove it.
Me too, but that doorstop idea is brilliant. I've never heard that idea before!

tocs100":60ae8 said:
Me too, but that doorstop idea is brilliant. I've never heard that idea before!

My friend and I were walking around Home Depot and he just thought of it. The outcome was probably as perfect as possible.

I forgot to say that I also used a couple of big drawer handles on each side of the board. It's great for lifting it and for threading cables through.

Back