Hellion user guide / video tutorial. Settings and tones !

I really like the string separation and clarity. Most amps don't even come close to this king of string separation. When is the next run?

Thanks, I really strive for that in all my designs. That’s such an important element of a great sounding amp.

Next run already in process. I am going to try and build a lot more this year.

Just got one of these and was tired of scrubbing back and forth on the video, so decided to just write out the knob/switch explanations so I could easily reference them.

[-]FB = Brightness/aggressiveness kicks in after 6, turned down gets dark & smooth

Pre-amp = Low frequency gain, past 6 brings in lower stuff for a rounder sound.
PA Pull = Lowers gain and reduces brightness

Gain Trim = controls a different gain stage, more midrange. Increases saturation.
GT Pull = Activates 4th gain stage

Gain Style = left is most open/raw/biggest/loudest diode clipping. Gets darker and more compressed as you move right.

Compressed/Raw = left is 100% diodes in, right progressively removes diodes from circuit.

Aura = similar to a tight control. To the left is sharpest/tightest attack (with reduced gain) and to the right is fuller/rounder (with more gain).
Aura pull = changes compression to give more sag, mostly a feel thing.

Depth Freq = Tight is most balanced and most common. Mid bumps the midrange, good for lower gain. Deep scoops the mids and is good for drop tuned chuggy stuff.

Signal Enhance = off reduces gain/brightness. Normal bumps upper mid range gain/brightness. Deep bumps the bottom end up for fullness and gain.

Mid Structure = Full is most low mids/end, but some settings lack attack on low string. Focus gives you the most sharpest/clarity in your lows at the reduction of mids. Medium is just in between the two and most balanced.

Voicing = Vintage is lowest gain, fattest sounding for classic rock stuff and cleans. Classic adds brightness/gain/tightness and most popular. Modern builds off classic but gets more liquidy with saturation.

Ultra Tight = Controls bass in first gain stage of the amp, but affects everything down the circuit. Ultra Tight is sharpest and works well for down tuned and dark cabs/guitars. Balanced is self explanatory. Full frequency gives a bump in low end to be fatter, helps give the sound of a boosted amp but without the pedal.

Back