Hello, my Tourmaster 412 cab “impedance sensor” 16 Ohm input Died.

cinron

Only The 4 Ohm input works now but I don’t believe I can safely connect another cab. to a tube head.
In need the 16 Ohm…
Any work arounds that don’t require replacing the entire mono/ stereo/ 4-8-16 switch, 3 jacks & circuit board ?

If I remember correctly, they're 4x16 ohm speakers. Each side is wired parallel, 8 ohms per side, and then two wires from each side running to the PCB.

Remove the PCB, then connect the + wire from the speakers on one side, to the - wire from the speakers on the other side, and then connect the remaining two wires to a new 1/4" jack. This should put the two 8 ohm sides in series, bringing the total load to 16. You shouldn't even need additional wire as long as the existing lengths are enough.

If you only need 16 ohms or just want a quick workaround, that should be all that's needed.

If I remember correctly, they're 4x16 ohm speakers. Each side is wired parallel, 8 ohms per side, and then two wires from each side running to the PCB.

Remove the PCB, then connect the + wire from the speakers on one side, to the - wire from the speakers on the other side, and then connect the remaining two wires to a new 1/4" jack. This should put the two 8 ohm sides in series, bringing the total load to 16. You shouldn't even need additional wire as long as the existing lengths are enough.

If you only need 16 ohms or just want a quick workaround, that should be all that's needed.
Music is life, or at the very least the sound track …..
Thanks for the easy to understand explanation, yes , I only need 16 Ohms.
Much Appreciated !!!

Much Appreciated !!!
Try Aiken wiring and series/parallel first. If you prefer the old sound of your cab, all you have to do is add one wire. This is the best diagram we have and is the accepted form here as well as with Friedman.
C983C7B3-D8F8-448D-B97F-290B2BA371AE.jpeg

Much Appreciated !!!
If you hang out sometimes then you will learn a lot in RT. I learn a lot here

Back