Help with Herbert Loop Needed!

Chugs

Hello All!

I know this has been beat up a bit in the forums and I have searched for my specific issue but, I have not found anything that truly solves my problem.

Currently I am running a Herbert and want to run a Strymon Timeline Delay into a Strymon BigSky Reverb in the FX loop. I hooked this up per the manual using the switchable send and the parallel return. I then set my Timeline Delay to Kill/Dry and set the mix to 100%. When I do this, I cant get any signal from the reverb pedal with both units on. Also, if i only turn on the reverb pedal, there is no effected signal hitting the amp. I can hear the dry signal just no reverb on it.

I have tried multiple different configurations and it seems like the only one the works is to use both the send and return of the switchable loop. This sounds good but, I am worried I am losing part of my tone because of this. From what i have read and understand, the best way to run these FX is through a parallel loop. Am I doing something wrong?

Please, any help is appreciated.

Not 100% sure, but using both Strymon in this setup means you are running them in serial (not sure if you wanted to do that). It means that the Reverb ONLY affects the Wet signal of you Delay, so turning the delay off means no signal going for Delay to Reverb, so no Effect Signal at all...

If you want to use Reverb only, you need to set the Delay to mix 0% and do not kill the dry signal/using bypass, this should give you the reverb only. But again, using both the reverb will only affect the delay itself.

Did i understood you setup right?

Back