Highest recommendation

metalsoup

After seeing the post a while back by Rezamatix regarding great work done on his Ibanez by Jerry, I dropped off a couple of Ibanez guitars to have some work done on them. In short, I'm just blown away. The final results were better than I could have imagined. Jerry and Chris must be wizards because they definitely worked some magic and put the mojo back into my axes.

If I may, I'd like to mention two others that Jerry knows and recommended who also made decisive contributions to the final outcome:

Wade of Motor City Pickups. (I had Solutions put into one of my guitars and Angel Dust pickups in the other. Unbelievable clarity, crunch, and harmonics. Real tone like I've never had before. Until now, I'd never experienced such a shocking contrast when changing pickups. When considering how to improve your tone, don't overlook the critical role pickups play!)

Pat Wilkins of Wilkins Guitars. This guy will transform your guitar. He took something that was just hideous to look at and made it beautiful, mesmerizing, and unique.

All of these gentlemen (dudes, if you prefer) are exceptional artisans, and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking to take their guitars to the next level. :thumbsup:

Ron

Yeah Wade at Motor City pickups is pretty much the man & Jerry from Luxxtone would most definitely qualify for that title as well! Glad you are digging on your new pickups so much. Which of the solution or angel dust do you prefer more?
-Brent

There's definitely some similarities between the two sets of pickups. They both have an aggressive bite to them, tons of harmonics, and great clarity and dynamics. You can tell they're "related." ;) The overall impact is impressive compared to anything I'd experienced so far. Somewhat of a wakeup call for me. The Angel Dust pickups seem a bit more "open" sounding. I'm using the Solutions to cover the heavier/modern side of the spectrum, and the Angel Dust pickups to cover more of the 80s rock/metal vibe. Each seems well suited to these respective roles. It's difficult to favor one over the other since they both excel in their specialities. If I had to choose to have only one, I'd probably take the Solutions because I already lean toward their natural bent.

Back