I picked up a really dirty blonde today

H3000

Here is a pic she is a really stinking dirty example ...
Mark Cameron modded JCM 800 HG Jose with 5 way voicing selector on the back in a white 20th anniversary head shell and matching cab

I have had the head for about 5 months ish and today I managed to do a trade for a matching cab.
Both head and cab are worn and quite dirty but I dont mind in the least.
The head wasnt even working properly when I first got it. It was intermittently cutting out and sounded like a bag of nails when it was working but I tracked the problem down and it was just one wire on a preamp tube that had intermittent continuity. I sorted that out and NOW it sounds absolutely Fing amazing :D

chumbucket":2x2kuh1d said:
What kind of speakers in that cab?

When I got the cab it had G12M70 in it , but the black cab I traded for it that I had been previously using had G12 65 speakers the ones with 1777 cones so I kept the speakers when I did the trade and put them straight into the white cab , I particularly like those speakers with the Cameron as they seem to really bring out the marshall vibe of the amp in the strongest possible way, they make the amp sound like the best marshall I have ever heard
I also have a Copy of a Jose arredondo mod done by Dan Gower which also sounds really great with the G12 65

G12 65s..there is no substitute. I grabbed a '80 checkerboard grille 1960A cab with Marshall labelled G12-65s. Amazing for every Marshall I throw at it..stock or modded. My Aldrich roars through it..best speaker I've had for Marshalls.

Racerxrated":136vx8rq said:
G12 65s..there is no substitute. I grabbed a '80 checkerboard grille 1960A cab with Marshall labelled G12-65s. Amazing for every Marshall I throw at it..stock or modded. My Aldrich roars through it..best speaker I've had for Marshalls.

I think the G12 65 work nicely with anything that is meant to have a proper marshall flavour but I only like the 1777 cones the other type the 444 cones sound bloody awful

last weekend I went to a friends house who is on this forum Darrcooper and he has a brand new quickrod and he wasnt getting on well with the quickrod ,He had three cabs there one with small blocks one with G12H30 and one with reissue G12 M25 and the quickrod sounded awful through all three of those cabs and we plugged his quickrod into my G12 65 loaded cab and it instantly sounded like a proper hot rodded marshall , it absolutey sang with a charvel
it actually sounded VERY close in tone to My Dan gower Jose mod but the quickrod has more gain ,if I didnt have my own jose amps I would now definitely be gassing for a quickrod
after Darrcooper heard his quickrod through my G12 65 cab he went out and bought a set !

Back