I want to hear clips of a Dumble.

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":0d8f2 said:
Larry Carlton or Robben Ford.

I've seen RF thru his Dumble 2X.

I saw RF and LC together and LC used his Dumble.

In both cases I heard staggering tone.
i got TONS of RF vids where he uses his Dumble.

The 40g's is for rarity, availability...but some of them have the tone of the Gods.

Well I know those guys use them, but Im looking through some of their vids on youtube and Im not sure which vids feature it. Do they only use Dumbles exclusively? I figured they switched around a bit like the rest of us whores. :)

Check out these;

http://www.steelbender.com/mpeg/dumble335f.MPG

http://www.steelbender.com/mpeg/dumble335a.MPG

http://www.steelbender.com/mpeg/dumblestrat7.MPG

I had a Two Rock Custom prototype that sounded very much like these clips... wish I still had that amp.

SRV used a Six-String-Singer (?), but he was using a Fender Super Reverb and a Marshall JMP (?) at the same time, switching between amps for different sounds. I think EJ used one for awhile too at some point, and we all know about his tone.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":ba921 said:
SRV used a Six-String-Singer (?), but he was using a Fender Super Reverb and a Marshall JMP (?) at the same time, switching between amps for different sounds. I think EJ used one for awhile too at some point, and we all know about his tone.
Actually it's Steel String Singer. Also on the first SRV he used Jackson Browne's Dumbleland which was a SSS build from AMpeg SVT transformers and chassis.
My friend Henry Kaiser still has 2 SSS and I love those amps. Not a big fan of the ODS since it requires a VERY light touch.

Wow, they're up to 40Gs now? And I thought 15Gs was insane. That was only about five years ago too. Man, these things really appreciated in value. Either way, I didn't hear anything that mind blowing. I'd get one just cause it'll be worth a million dollars by the time I'm 50. :D

>|<>QBB<
defpearlpilot":cdb82 said:
Wow, they're up to 40Gs now? And I thought 15Gs was insane. That was only about five years ago too. Man, these things really appreciated in value. Either way, I didn't hear anything that mind blowing. I'd get one just cause it'll be worth a million dollars by the time I'm 50. :D

Thats hilarious cause this guy over at HCAF just said:

Weathered;20562895]The jump from $25K to $50K is pretty great, especially for an amp you haven't heard. That's the problem with Dumbles as I see it - each one is so unique that you can't just buy it and expect it to sound like that out of the box.

As a collector's piece, it is cool, but as an investment, it's not a good investment. They aren't going to appreciate like a pre-CBS Fender amp will. I have a feeling that amps are going to catch up to guitars in vintage value in the coming years. You can still get a '67 Plexi for $7K if you look around, where getting a '67 Strat for that would be a steal.

>|<>QBB<
defpearlpilot":8997d said:
>|<>QBB<

Well, I was exaggerating with the million dollars but then again, don't '59 Les Pauls go for $250K? They are almost 50 years old. A dumble is half that. I'd say it's on pace to get around there.

Yeah and this guy is saying exactly the opposite. He's claiming LP's go for that much because of the Gibson name, alone.

These amps are so much more rare than even a '59 LP though. :?

Back