Interesting issue with my guitar

GtarLover

Hey all,

I have an issue that I haven't experienced with a guitar before.
The guitar is a Suhr Modern 2009 LE, the whale blue burst with a gorgeous maple top.
The issue is on the high E string between the 11th/12th fret and the 15th fret. There is a wavering in the notes. I don't know how else to explain it. Like there is vibrato when I play any of those notes. I am thinking it must be a fret dressing issue, yet I thought I would post and see if anyone, maybe John, would chime in and have an idea.

If I play the 9th fret, no problem...17th fret, no problem. Just in that specific area and only on the high E string. I know the guitars are plekked from the factory, so I am unsure what to do. I began noticing it a while ago. It doesn't seem to be getting worse necessarily, yet it is an issue. Lot's of use of those notes and I don't know what I can do.

I haven't taken it anywhere to be looked at. Considering sending to Suhr and letting them take a look/listen to it. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

This will seem like a strange question, but do you have a fan on in the room? I was having "warble" problems on my high E at home and could not figure it out!!! It would occur open string and a few other places on the fret board and not others! Drove me crazy until I saw somebody mention a ceiling fan could cause that issue. It worked. If your problem is consistent in different locations, then this is most likely not the solution..........you never know.

bonedarrell":zi2jo7kk said:
This will seem like a strange question, but do you have a fan on in the room? I was having "warble" problems on my high E at home and could not figure it out!!! It would occur open string and a few other places on the fret board and not others! Drove me crazy until I saw somebody mention a ceiling fan could cause that issue. It worked. If your problem is consistent in different locations, then this is most likely not the solution..........you never know.
That drives me crazy. Happens everytime I turn the fan on

Either a fan, air conditioning or the neck or middle pickup is too close to the strings
But yes please contact Don
This isn't really the place for customer support
Thanks

Suhr":2j0owp9l said:
Either a fan, air conditioning or the neck or middle pickup is too close to the strings
But yes please contact Don
This isn't really the place for customer support
Thanks

Absolutely, thanks.
I was just trying to get a bit of feedback.
I appreciate the help and will contact Don for sure.

Back