JEL - Bark At The Moon - Isolated Guitar Track

Why all the flanger on the solo? Really drenched and honestly I checked out after that, just was not the same quality as Randy ever again in the Oz camp.

Reactions: Geo
I like both but Randy was my guy back then. Jake’s style was so different that making a comparison of the two at that time didn’t really happen with me. I was crushed that Randy died but glad his replacement was also good (I liked Brad too). This was also towards the beginning of shreddy metal guitar so there were less guys to choose from.

Great story about Ozzy finding Randy... this guy is a great story teller. I would have loved to have been around LA back then.

Randy wrote masterpiece solos that needed no effects apart from a little reverb. Over the Mt, Flying high again are 2 examples of how to write a solo
BATM is an example of a jumble of notes trying desperately to walk in Randy's shadow. We literally stopped buying Ozzy albums from that point on. This was huge let down from Speak live. We loved Brad's playing and tone and were so bummed he went on to the pop rock route.

Back