JP2C or Mark VII?

I used my IV at rehearsal the other night for the first time and I found all I had to do is bring up the 750 slider a little bit from where I had it at home and it cut through just fine. The Other guitarist goes through a Suhr PT15-IR and they actually blended together pretty well. I use my Splawn for this band but wanted to give it a try and it worked great.
IMO if you have a 2 guitar band & you're set on a Mark, the IV is your huckleberry.

I would have to do a search for it,but I believe it was either on the boogie board or a fb boogie page..I do recall the guy had all the colors of the power tube sets,red,yellows,greys,greens,etc..he settled on a certain color that was better than stock ones,changed only a few preamp tubes and he said it definitely made a difference. Wish I had more info.
@RedB4Black It was most likely bandit2013 on the Mesa Boogie Forum.

That guy is always trying out different power tubes and preamp tubes on various amps 😂

He is very helpful if you have any questions about a mesa amp especially about tube rolling/swapping.

Maybe a Lonestar 2x12 open back with a Mark IV head, 2x12 closed back cab in stereo with an A/B/Y pedal? Adding cleans behind a wicked gain amp will fatten up things, when blended well. Ask Steve Vai.

I love the JP2c and yet to play the MKVii…
that being said I would probably go with the JP because I don’t need all the ahit the Vii can do. I prefer simplicity

Back