KHE Switcher Squeal and VFE Pedal Squeal

itsgoodnow

Hey All,

I have an odd situation and was hoping to get some troubleshooting ideas. I have a fairly complicated (for me) switching system I have been working on for a bit.

It consists of an RJM effect gizmo to swap my boosts. All pedals and rack units are on their own individual loop to be brought in and out. They are all powered by Strymon Zumas. These are plugged into power conditioners which are going into surge protectors.

The RJM with the front end pedals then feeds into a KHE switching system. The KHE is (2) 8 amp switchers and (1) cabinet switcher. In between the amp switchers and the cab switchers is a Fryette PS100. This in turn functions as my attenuator and global fx loops for 2 other RJM effect gizmos which have all my time based effects.

I got it exactly where I wanted it. Shit worked like a charm all day. No issues. I unplugged it after everything was tested and working (also shut everything down properly). I come back to my place a couple days later, plug it all back in, fire it all up, and now I have 2 problems that definitely did not exist before.

1. All amps hooked into my first KHE head switcher now produce a high pitched feedback type hum as soon as they are brought out of standby. Oddly I can still play through them and hear the signal just mixed with the weird squeal. However, any amp hooked up to my second KHE head switcher functions 100% normally with no high pitched feedback. This was not the case the other day nor has it ever been the case. It does not make this hum unless any of the amps are brought out of standby. But as soon as I do its like a building feedback loop. This happens whether or not the fryette is on or not. I have not fully removed it from the system to test yet.
  2. My VFE Standout started just emitting constant pure high pitched noise as soon as I turn it on. This didn't happen previously. I even swapped cables/inputs and loops/and power supplies specifically for it and it still did it.
I am a bit confused how there could be a couple unique problems when that appeared when everything was working, untouched, and not plugged in. Any help or insight is appreciated.

GroundLoopFlowChart_PS2_Detail.pdf

Back