Koko Boost....x2

Rogue

Ok. I've had a Koko boost for a while now. My issue is that I really like a lower kick for rhythm (boost at around 9 o'clock), but like the boost around 3 o'clock for leads. Mid knob tends to stay around 9 o'clock. I've tried running other pedals to kick up the lower boost for leads, but in the end, the cranked koko just sounds better and keeps knocking them off. I was about to pick up a Creative Audio Labs 4.23 boost, but my friend suggested just picking up another koko.

I found this to be an intriguing option, as I can have one koko setup for rhythm and one setup for leads. Problem solved, except I don't want to do any tap dancing. I've never messed with the FX link and somewhat confused as to it's function but more importantly what is needed to allow switching between units.

I am completely unfamiliar with this control setup, but according to the website....

Shorting between the shield and the tip will activate the pedal.
Opening the connection will turn off the pedal.
Tip: Activate Mid Boost
Ring: Activate Boost

I assume then, it is possible to have a remote switcher turn on/off the pedal and switch between normal boost and mid boost.

Now, what kind of switching system do I use to control all this? I am completely ignorant here, so assume I know nothing. I've always been a click pedal on, click off kind of guy.

What I want to do....have two kokos, one setup for a rhythm with normal and mid switching options, and have another koko setup for lead with normal and mid switching options, and be able to turn each on and off with one foot stomp. It would be real cool to have one mid boost on one pedal to the left and one to the right, and be able to boost set it up to choose which boost to use.

I may find this too complicated (it seems to be getting there in my head) and find a medium where one koko merely boosts another and that might work best. However, I'd like to explore what kind of setup would be required to switch easily between kokos (or even combinations of koko boosts).

Awesome pedal, gentlemen. So awesome I want two. :LOL: :LOL:

Okay, so maybe that was too long and the question got missed.

What method of control do I need to use the fx link of the koko?

Rogue":3d78cmmf said:
Ok. I've had a Koko boost for a while now. My issue is that I really like a lower kick for rhythm (boost at around 9 o'clock), but like the boost around 3 o'clock for leads. Mid knob tends to stay around 9 o'clock. I've tried running other pedals to kick up the lower boost for leads, but in the end, the cranked koko just sounds better and keeps knocking them off. I was about to pick up a Creative Audio Labs 4.23 boost, but my friend suggested just picking up another koko.

I found this to be an intriguing option, as I can have one koko setup for rhythm and one setup for leads. Problem solved, except I don't want to do any tap dancing. I've never messed with the FX link and somewhat confused as to it's function but more importantly what is needed to allow switching between units.

I am completely unfamiliar with this control setup, but according to the website....

Shorting between the shield and the tip will activate the pedal.
Opening the connection will turn off the pedal.
Tip: Activate Mid Boost
Ring: Activate Boost

I assume then, it is possible to have a remote switcher turn on/off the pedal and switch between normal boost and mid boost.

Now, what kind of switching system do I use to control all this? I am completely ignorant here, so assume I know nothing. I've always been a click pedal on, click off kind of guy.

What I want to do....have two kokos, one setup for a rhythm with normal and mid switching options, and have another koko setup for lead with normal and mid switching options, and be able to turn each on and off with one foot stomp. It would be real cool to have one mid boost on one pedal to the left and one to the right, and be able to boost set it up to choose which boost to use.

I may find this too complicated (it seems to be getting there in my head) and find a medium where one koko merely boosts another and that might work best. However, I'd like to explore what kind of setup would be required to switch easily between kokos (or even combinations of koko boosts).

Awesome pedal, gentlemen. So awesome I want two. :LOL: :LOL:

Any on/off contact closure can work the relays in the pedal
Some effects have this like some TC stuff
Switching systems
Manual pedals
Please use email for support if you have any questions contact David AT suhr.com.
Thanks

Back