Mezzabarba Trinity - Ground loop hum, safety issues.

That's crazy that such a well built amp has no chassis earth connection.

That sounded really quiet for such high gain once you earthed the chassis. How is the rest of the grounding done? Are there separate busses that then all ground at the input jack?

That sounded really quiet for such high gain once you earthed the chassis. How is the rest of the grounding done? Are there separate busses that then all ground at the input jack?

Hard to trace the exact PCB grounding, but everything definitely ends up at the input jacks chassis ground via washer & nut.

Wow, amazed something that simple got through the CE approval process. Great vid man.

I have an amp that grounds the input through your guitar, when testing the amp with nothing plugged in, you get ground loop hum but if everything is set right, you can dial the gain up to 10 and it is crazy quiet. Not sure that's the case here but I was surprised with my amp.

I had one of the first 4. Damn thing had noise when in standby. Had it replaced and this was no longer an issue but haven't tested without a guitar plugged in. Need to get it out of storage soon...

Back