Movies that don't suck

Watched on Sunday back to back:

The Thing (1981)
Christine
Tremors (1)

I believe these are all John Carpenter movies. Love scary movies, so this can be my favorite time of year.

PSA:

The Thing is actually a trilogy:

The Thing 2011 (Prequel)
The Thing 1982
The Thing Returns 2021 or 2022 depending on who you ask

The prequel is apparently crap, but "Returns", according to viewer reviews I read, isn't bad.

^Thanks,

More PSA:

The Thing is a 1982 American science fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter from a screenplay by Bill Lancaster. Based on the 1938 John W. Campbell Jr. novella Who Goes There?, it tells the story of a group of American researchers in Antarctica who encounter the eponymous "Thing", an extraterrestrial life-form that assimilates, then imitates, other organisms.
Production began in the mid-1970s as a faithful adaptation of the novella, following 1951's The Thing from Another World.

Binge watched a bunch of movies on Netflix over the Holidays.

The Invitation. Classic Vampire story done well. Plenty to keep you on your feet.
Apostle. Def worth watching. Well done.
Dark Shadows. Please watch. Vampire movie with Johnny Depp + comedic element. Well done and great graphics.
The Silencing. Alaska who done it thriller
Wind River. Alaska who done it thriller mentioned in above post.
Things heard and seen. Family moves to sticks. Husband fakes his way as a college professor. House is haunted. Twisty.
Coming Home in the Dark. New Zealand. Not the greatest movie but suspenseful. Child abuse warning PSA. :(
Deliver us from Evil. Policeman teams with a priest and learns horrors of an insane asylum. Bit of stretch and some scenes made no sense – like how he gets caught in the end. Can't remember if this one was originally done in English.
Don’t Listen. Boy with images and swimming pool. Not the greatest but decent if bored. Spanish original.
Look Away. Girl with mirror image. Def twisty and different.
I see You. Helen Hunt and missing boy. Detective story. Worth watching.
It follows. Evil passed by having sex. Could have been better but worth watching
Legion – subtitle Spanish or Latin. Truck stop pregnant carrying messiah.
Old Ways - daughter travels to S.A. to find mom. Long plot. Someone will like, but it was a little drawn out.
Prometheus – finding the beginnings of what were Alien to become the Alien movie series (I think)
The Ritual – hikers get lost and slowly die and they find the building and the ritual
1922 – family division on what to do with their land and how father son deal with it.
Gerald's Gave – hand cuffed to bed and shit goes south
Nobody sleeps in the woods tonight. Premise sucks, but worth watching
The Haunting in Connecticut?
The Open House
In the tall grass. Super twisty with a fucked up plot. Do some drugs first.
The Conference
The Strangers (with the masks on their faces who just stare). One of the scariest I've seen in awhile.

Back