Musicman Axis Supersport pickups, what are they???

MrDan666

My friend has a Musicman Axis supersport that sounds incredible.. all he knows is that the humbuckers are by Dimarzio, or designed by Dimarzio.

Anyone know what these pickup models are? or which Dimarzio pickup they are closest to?

They are zebra coloured by the way, if that helps with identifying them.

Dan

MrDan666":0ef74 said:
My friend has a Musicman Axis supersport that sounds incredible.. all he knows is that the humbuckers are by Dimarzio, or designed by Dimarzio.

Anyone know what these pickup models are? or which Dimarzio pickup they are closest to?

They are zebra coloured by the way, if that helps with identifying them.

Dan

Hey Dan-o!

The Axis SS pickups are DiMarzio customs, so they don't match up exactly to anything, but they are CLOSE to the Air Norton in the neck and the Air Zone in the bridge. Hope that helps!

Jeff

grooveHT":7d376 said:
Hey Dan-o!

The Axis SS pickups are DiMarzio customs, so they don't match up exactly to anything, but they are CLOSE to the Air Norton in the neck and the Air Zone in the bridge. Hope that helps!

Jeff

Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the info man! This guitar sounded amazing, the neck was smooth as hell too.. all Birdseye maple. Shame he's a lefty though, as i really was dying to try this one out!!

MrDan666":27bb3 said:
Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the info man! This guitar sounded amazing, the neck was smooth as hell too.. all Birdseye maple. Shame he's a lefty though, as i really was dying to try this one out!!

Well I'm selling a few of mine, I'd ship to UK.... :D No problem bro, let me know if you have any more Q's about em.

grooveHT":cbefd said:
Well I'm selling a few of mine, I'd ship to UK.... :D No problem bro, let me know if you have any more Q's about em.

If in someway, i can make up some cash fast... then il be givin ya a call :D

hows the trem on the SS?

MrDan666":6b78c said:
If in someway, i can make up some cash fast... then il be givin ya a call :D

hows the trem on the SS?

The trem is pretty great; I like the feel, stays in tune pretty damn well too. Some of that I'm sure depends on the nut and the locking tuners, but as far as vintage two point trems, the EB/MM one is damn solid. No problems here...not that I try steve vai style abuse, but you can even dive bomb pretty decently.

grooveHT":fe1f6 said:
The trem is pretty great; I like the feel, stays in tune pretty damn well too. Some of that I'm sure depends on the nut and the locking tuners, but as far as vintage two point trems, the EB/MM one is damn solid. No problems here...not that I try steve vai style abuse, but you can even dive bomb pretty decently.

thats very cool! Tony was divebombing on his SS quite a bit and i was surprised at how he stayed 100% in tune. Sounds like a killer trem!

Back