My CCV

garey77

Ok, so every time I turn my ccv on, I get a big smile on my face... Especially since I recently got the correct speaker compliment for it. I'm stoked about my amp! I am so glad I waited, and I can't wait to get in the studio and do my band's album w/it. I'd probably buy a second one if I had the dough. Thanks guys for my great amp!

I actually bought a second-hand Zinky 4X12 cabinet. It's got Zinky spec'd Eminence drivers in it, which are basically re-voiced V30 clones... a much rounder sound than a stock V30. I did a trade for two G12H30's w/another rig-talk member for some miscellaneous gear. I loaded them in the cab in an X-pattern, and wow... so happy. The Zinky cab is originally a $1k cab, and it is super stout. It's built in the same factory as a bunch of other high end cabs (e.g. Diezel, Bad Cat, etc.)... multi-ply birch, etc. etc. The cab is quite a find. It is essentially (2) 2x12 cabs, one on top of the other, both have up-angled baffles. It's tight and punchy as hell, no squashy sag or woofy-ness, no particle board. I found it at GC for like $350 because the tolex wasn't all perfect... SCORE! :rock:

It doesn't. I've had a tri-axis/2:90, roadking, later model ecstasy... Trumps them all. Although the other amps all had more options as far as more channels, I've really found that this two channel w/solo channel amp just is it for me. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, had I the cash. The fidelity and feel are stellar... Especially when you use the recommended speaker combination. I am ultra happy with this product.

Glad it's working out so well for ya. I assume by later model Ecstasy you are referring to a 101b? I have a 20th Ecstasy which is amazing...have a CCV on order :rock:

Yes, it's a 101b. But it's biased for 6L6's right now. It's a fantastic head, just different. Make sure you use the g12h30's when you get your ccv.

Back